Banded demoiselle

Edit My Images
Yes
1653119393013.jpeg

1653119425047.jpeg

my favourite time of the year, the damselflies are out
Banded demoiselle from yesterda, river Dee
R5 and EF 100 IS macro, the portrait with Marumi acromat and manual focus, the R5 doesn’t like autofocus with the Marumi for some reason but its ok I had time to get a series of shots to focus stack

WoW. Love the first shot with the metallic looking paint job and the water droplet.

Well captured Pete :D

Lovely images :)

WoW. Love the first shot with the metallic looking paint job and the water droplet.

Well captured Pete :D
Thanks Gav and Alan really appreciate the feedback
The bandeds are stunning electric blue I don’t always manage to get near enough to photograph them but it was a bit chilly in the morning so they didn’t fly off
Was really pleased how they came out I’ve been trying out focus stacking with the R5 and then doing them in Affinity photo

Thanks Gav and Alan really appreciate the feedback
The bandeds are stunning electric blue I don’t always manage to get near enough to photograph them but it was a bit chilly in the morning so they didn’t fly off
Was really pleased how they came out I’ve been trying out focus stacking with the R5 and then doing them in Affinity photo
Cool mornings are best :)
They are very nice little beasts, my 90D can take focus stack images but I brought a manual focus lens :headbang::LOL::LOL:

Cool mornings are best :)
They are very nice little beasts, my 90D can take focus stack images but I brought a manual focus lens :headbang::LOL::LOL:
Oh yes I try to get up early but don’t always manage it :oops: :$:oops: :$
Oh no but the quality will be good if it’s one of the manual macro lenses

I must say I'm really impressed by the Loawa lenses :) any way .. hope you find more of these beautiful beasties :)
I read about the Loawa lens looks good goes to higher mag than 1:1
Thanks am going out tomorrow to a different site for similar species the beautiful demoiselle

Stunning shots, It`s so hard to get near them here in SE France now that the temp has gone crazy but I have not seen any damsels as yet.

Stunning shots, It`s so hard to get near them here in SE France now that the temp has gone crazy but I have not seen any damsels as yet.
Thanks Graham it does make it difficult when it’s hot they are really flightly

A couple of great shots, love that first one you've exposed really well for the dark metallic face.
Forgot to say I didn’t use flash, natural light with fairly wide aperture and focus stacked :)

Back