Belt for Capture Clip

Name
Roxanne
Edit My Images
No
I am a small 70 year old lady with a bad disc in my neck. I have a Canon EOS R8 and RF 24-105mm f4 lens that I use for everyday. I am not able to carry anything heavy that puts pressure on my neck, like a backpack. I got the peak design capture clip but would like to find something sturdy to clip it on that would fit on a very small waist. Would anyone have any suggestions?

I am a small 70 year old lady with a bad disc in my neck. I have a Canon EOS R8 and RF 24-105mm f4 lens that I use for everyday. I am not able to carry anything heavy that puts pressure on my neck, like a backpack. I got the peak design capture clip but would like to find something sturdy to clip it on that would fit on a very small waist. Would anyone have any suggestions?
Hi and welcome. You could look at the hip belt from Peak Design which is sold for use on the Everyday Backpack but I’m sure you could use it stand-alone.https //uk.peakdesign.com/products/everyday-hip-belt

Hi and welcome. You could look at the hip belt from Peak Design which is sold for use on the Everyday Backpack but I’m sure you could use it stand-alone.https //uk.peakdesign.com/products/everyday-hip-belt
Just for info and if the op comes back - that may not fit a small lady unless she has the right shape hips for it to tighten onto. I'm a small lady and it's too big for my waist
Most kit is designed for average size blokes. You wouldn't believe the problems I have getting even a 'female fit ' walking rucksack to fit me
I can't offer the op a solution as I don't carry anything on my waist. There's not enough of me and it would be uncomfortable but for her it's needs must. A good hefty belt with a secure fastening would seem the best. A too long belt isn't hard to adapt (been there done that)

Just for info and if the op comes back - that may not fit a small lady unless she has the right shape hips for it to tighten onto. I'm a small lady and it's too big for my waist
Most kit is designed for average size blokes. You wouldn't believe the problems I have getting even a 'female fit ' walking rucksack to fit me
I can't offer the op a solution as I don't carry anything on my waist. There's not enough of me and it would be uncomfortable but for her it's needs must. A good hefty belt with a secure fastening would seem the best. A too long belt isn't hard to adapt (been there done that)
Good point, and great for sharing your experience.

A good point about sizes......

I had a look at Lowepro

This one too says minimum waist 29inches

Makes me wonder as @harpangel36 says her neck cannot take weight or strain, whether a shoulder sling style strap is appropriate for her to consider? The load is born on the shoulder and not the (back of) neck.

I have tactical belts from Amazon. They had good reviews from paramedics and folks who carry lots of stuff on their belt.

I tried to link to it, but it seemed to add a ton of stuff to the link, but search for "aivatoba mens belt tactical" £13.99 for two. Made of seat belt material, and doesn't have holes, so you can cut it to length (and use a lighter to tidy up the fraying) and make it so it fits your waist. It's quite a wide belt though and won't go through narrow loops. The attachment clips that come with it are junk, but I attach other stuff to it at work and it's durable, tough and the belt clip hasn't let me down yet and is very quick and easy to release. It's a bit of a faff getting it to the right length, but once it's done it's done. Having 2 means I can just keep them in the trousers/shorts I wear for work and not worry about taking them on/off all the time. I actually prefer it over a notched belt. Cheap too!

A good point about sizes......

Makes me wonder as @harpangel36 says her neck cannot take weight or strain, whether a shoulder sling style strap is appropriate for her to consider? The load is born on the shoulder and not the (back of) neck.
The sling bags don’t work too well with a Capture Clip - I’ve tried. Also in my experience they tend to push into the neck from the side.

Last edited:
The sling bags don’t work too well with a Capture Clip - I’ve tried. Also in my experience they tend to push into the neck from the side.
Ah! I was not accounting for the 'Capture Clip' aspect.

In regard to the way such a sling strap 'rests' my Black Rapid sits well on my shoulder, possibly due the thick padded shoulder pad section.......as far as I recall it has never ridden up and pressed anywhere on my neck. Having said that, the padded section can slip beck of forth when lifting the camera from hip level (the position I adjusted it to) and dropping lowering it back to that position. But that takes but a moment to re-position if needed.

PS I don't screw the BR attachment directly to the lens tripod foot or in the case of the smaller lens & body , the camera body. I have an Arca Swiss plate on the body and a Whimberley C-12 clamp attached to the Black Rapid screw.

Last edited:
Ah! I was not accounting for the 'Capture Clip' aspect.

In regard to the way such a sling strap 'rests' my Black Rapid sits well on my shoulder, possibly due the thick padded shoulder pad section.......as far as I recall it has never ridden up and pressed anywhere on my neck. Having said that, the padded section can slip beck of forth when lifting the camera from hip level (the position I adjusted it to) and dropping lowering it back to that position. But that takes but a moment to re-position if needed.

PS I don't screw the BR attachment directly to the lens tripod foot or in the case of the smaller lens & body , the camera body. I have an Arca Swiss plate on the body and a Whimberley C-12 clamp attached to the Black Rapid screw.
I was actually talking about sling bags. If I have my camera on a strap (which I am trying to avoid these days due to the camera's propensity to knock against stone stiles) , then I carry it the same way but like you have less trouble with it riding up.

Back