Bird feeder camera recommendation?

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Morning all, so we've a bird feeder "tree" with 4 hooks and then 3/4 cages filled with nuts and seeds etc and the wife loves it. What she really wants now that we're getting lots of visitors is some sort of cam on it and I've no idea where to start. See the picture below for the type we have if that helps. ?

I was thinking at one point about a wireless security type camera like a eufy one but wonder if it would simply keep picking up the tree movements too?

birdtable.jpg

A thought.....not about choice of camera but.....

If you can get or have to hand any small branches, perhaps consider putting them near to the feeding station as an approach stop for the birds. The added benefit is that if you intend to photograph the birds they will look nicer on said perch than on/at the feeders.

Ways to place the branches ~ if large and with a shape, stick the end in a bucket and secure & add weight use gravel & old bricks. If small branches use wooden post/pole in the bucket and attach the branches horizontally and/or at angle to look naturalistic. NB this can be moved around as needed or convenient e.g. to have either sky or greenery in the background.

Make sure you get one with an IR sensor (most are anyway I think) as that is triggered by movement of a heat signature rather than just by movement, so the branches moving will should have no effect.

A thought.....not about choice of camera but.....

If you can get or have to hand any small branches, perhaps consider putting them near to the feeding station as an approach stop for the birds. The added benefit is that if you intend to photograph the birds they will look nicer on said perch than on/at the feeders.

Ways to place the branches ~ if large and with a shape, stick the end in a bucket and secure & add weight use gravel & old bricks. If small branches use wooden post/pole in the bucket and attach the branches horizontally and/or at angle to look naturalistic. NB this can be moved around as needed or convenient e.g. to have either sky or greenery in the background.

I'd do all this if it was for me photographing birds but it's not, this is just needing something simple for the mrs to enjoy nothing else.

I would move the feeder nearer to the tree. Blue Tits etc like to sit on a branch, swoop down quickly then back as fast and in as short a distance as they can.

The less distance they have to travel the better. Fussy buggers :)

I would move the feeder nearer to the tree. Blue Tits etc like to sit on a branch, swoop down quickly then back as fast and in as short a distance as they can.

The less distance they have to travel the better. Fussy buggers :)
Luckily the coal tits and blue tits are already in and out :)

Back