Books on lighting

Name
M
Edit My Images
Yes
As a guy that is new to photography and would like to do some portrait and perhaps arty stuff, what is worth reading or watching to learn?

I have been recommended Lighting Magic by Gary Edwards which I would like, but my available funds are getting low and I can’t see it second hand anywhere unfortunately.

Obviously if anyone has a used copy the no longer require please let me know.

So until I have the funds or find a used copy, are there any other recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

Mick

Thank you lindsay - the author being on the site will be a bonus if he is willing to answer questions when I read the book.

Unfortunately I don't have kindle so need a hard copy - though I prefer a hard copy to be honest.

I'm not allowed to advertise but I can answer questions:)

Buy it on Amazon, £4.99. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07L2FWXGC. Or donate the amount to the charity that the money goes to instead, the charity gets 5x as much that way
https://www.allforhorses.org.uk/
Let me know that you've bought it or donated and I'll be happy to send it to you in pdf format, which you can print out if you want to and if you have lots of paper . . .

To answer your general question, there's a vast amount of really good stuff on YouTube, but unfortunately there's a lot of total rubbish too, and it can be hard to separate the wheat from the chaff. As a general rule, ignore anything that's flogging equipment. Maybe other members can make suggestion on what they think is worth watching?

Thank you Garry, I have donated to the charity and may I say that is very kind of you. Do you need my email address or can you do it through the forum?

M

Thank you Garry, I have donated to the charity and may I say that is very kind of you. Do you need my email address or can you do it through the forum?

M
Just send me a PM, with your email address

Thank you Garry. I will have to look at it on my phone for the next couple of weeks but will then print it off and get stuck in!

Back