Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No

by Cobra, on Flickr

Hide'n seek among the honey suckle

by Cobra, on Flickr

And I finally managed to get close to one of these ( common Darter ) hanging around my pond

by Cobra, on Flickr

edit One more.
Wasp stealing the berries from the Virginia Creeper

by Cobra, on Flickr

Last edited:
Love the Common darter ( female) Chris, one of my all time fave dragons to photograph :)

Les

Love the Common darter ( female) Chris, one of my all time fave dragons to photograph :)

Les
Cheers Les and for the positive ID (y) Its the first one that has sat still near my pond long enough to actually get :D

Cheers Les and for the positive ID (y) Its the first one that has sat still near my pond long enough to actually get :D

Nice to hear they are in gardens etc- I have to hunt all over the Somerset Levels for these- the male is a stunning red colour, lets hope you get a visit
from one soon :)

Les

one of mine - to help with ID :)

TIghtqp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to hear they are in gardens etc-
I sometime get a Big Blue one (?) too, but I've never seen it settle, it just seems to do a few laps around the pond and goes again.

I sometime get a Big Blue one (?) too, but I've never seen it settle, it just seems to do a few laps around the pond and goes again.

sounds like a Migrant Hawker or Broad Chaser to me- they are quite large and never seem to settle :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back