Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Other

Votes: 12 18.2%

• Total voters
Name
Graham Mc
Edit My Images
Yes
I thought i'd do this section's first poll, it's about what A4 paper you load up your printer with and tell us what paper you used to use and why you ditched it for the one you use now.
I personally use HP Premium Glossy A4 and Epson Glossy for small 4x6 prints.
The outcome could be interesting on this one !

In the ink jets, Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl and Harman Crystaljet Luster RC.
On the dye-subs (8x6 and 6x4) it's manufacturer's own brand (HiTi, same as the printers).

The wierd german brand that Lidl were selling - 50 sheets of 280gsm glossy paper for a Fiver. Works a treat on the Canon iP4600 with Canon own brand ink and is indistinguishable from the Canon Photo Glossy.

Canon printer's Ilford paper and profiles.;)

Never use A4 only use 17", 24", 44"roll.

Hahnemühle
Epson
GMG
EFI

Canon printer, paper and ink (y)

I've become a big fan of Permajet and so voted for that. Also very impressed with Epson's Premium Lustre in A2 cut sheet (thanks for that tip off Mark!)

use all sorts of paper generally what ever I get given free lol

I don't particularly like one brand of paper over another

The wierd german brand that Lidl were selling - 50 sheets of 280gsm glossy paper for a Fiver. Works a treat on the Canon iP4600 with Canon own brand ink and is indistinguishable from the Canon Photo Glossy.

For absolute best results, I use Canon paper in both inkjet printers. 2nd place goes to Ilford's Galerie range and I'm another user of the abovementioned Lidl own brand. I always use Canon genuine inks and they have a far greater influence on print quality than papers IMO.

In the little Canon dyesub, Canon paper/ink packs - don't think there's any alternative.

Nod that is interesting about Canon inks, i buy my ink from internet-ink.co.uk and they say their ink comes from the same suppliers as the big boys e.g. epson/canon etc.
I would have thought the right paper does make a difference as the consistency would affect the way ink lays/dries on each paper of different origin, i'm impressed by comments about Lidl & Costco (needing to be a memeber customer) quality, there's a Lidl near me in town i might have to give their papaer a try now i have a Canon printer which is indisquingishable from Canon paper as mentioned by TheBigYin :)

Only problem with the Lidl stuff is they get it in on a "special" every few months - it's not actually a stock item, but seeing as I'm a pikey so and so, I'm in there regularly anyway :LOL:

My printer isn't a photo printer, its a canon wireless multi function job, but I use the canon pro range in it and have no complaints at all, the quality is actually as good as my old epson R200 photo printer

I can't criticise the Kirkland (Costco) paper. Used withCanon 4500 and 4700 and genuine Canon inks. Excellent VFM.

Kirkland here to

Although used Illford gallerie smooth pearl for bigger than A3 and it was stunning

Trying quite a few at the moment -
St Cuthberts Somerset Photo Satin 100% Cotton
Innova Fibraprint High White Gloss
Canson Infinity Discovery Sample Pack.....like all of them so far pity Harman Gloss has been discontinued.
Dave

Costco, £15 for 150 sheets and can't fault it.

I also use Kirkland paper from Costco. Real heavyweight paper and it is very white. Compared it with Fuji multijet which is £19.99 from Jessops for 40 sheets and it has a pinkish cast on it.

Back