Critique required bullinachinashop's 52 for 2024 - Week 37 - Occupation(al)

Glasto shot is really effective.
Thank you
Thats a fabulous shot Ross :clap:
Cheers Simon!!
Nice, both the picture and the drive
Cheers, unforgettable drive! 993 is now my favourite 911 for sure.
Yep - that Glasto shots works very well!
Thank you!!
Glasto 24 looks quite lively, the bird really makes it
It's made me think I should carry a flamingo round on a stick.. just in case...

• Haha
Reactions: nog
Good set of catch ups. As already said, the Glasto shot is great!

I think I prefer the atmosphere and movement in the second shot although maybe a smaller aperture would have worked better as longer exposure would have got a better blur on the chimney starter but brought the wood cladding into better focus?

I'm like first shot but would have been been hard to get wrong!

Week 35 - Snapper's choice - Forest Bug

Chose this because I love the patterns on the bug, the tones throughout the picture and the fact it's one of the 'best' executed photos I've taken so far, in that it came out something like I intended! :ROFLMAO:

_DSC5340 (1) by bullinachinashop, on Flickr

Last edited:
Catching up a bit here but I did like the gauge for "hot".

Somewhat unusually the Forest Bug really caught my attention, but I do prefer the phone box as a subject.

It's amazing what modern cameras can do in low light. I like the cocktail shaker but maybe wouldn't have cropped it so close. Some great shots recently, my faves are the phonebox, the temperature gauge and that stunning shot of the sunlit grass.

It's amazing what modern cameras can do in low light. I like the cocktail shaker but maybe wouldn't have cropped it so close. Some great shots recently, my faves are the phonebox, the temperature gauge and that stunning shot of the sunlit grass.

Thanks for the comments! It's funny, that sunset grass shot was a bit disappointing at the time as as nothing seems to be in focus... But it's the photo I've had the most compliments for

As for the cocktail shaker - that's actually the whole shot - I had a Tamron 80mm lens and it was my first go with my tripod and just wanted to see how good the Sony was in low light... Then realised I could use it for the Challenge - so I put the Martini glass in to try and make it more interesting

Candle lit? Gives a nice tone to the light.

Thanks, yes there was a lamp on the other side of the room, but a lot candle was just out of shot to the right

Back