weekly bullinachinashop crashes into 52 for 2024 - Decay

These are all taken in last few months and all on Smartphone. That may be cheating on both counts?!

I will make sure I've got something on the big camera before tomorrow's done!!

Would be grateful if anyone could confirm if I've set this thread up properly, and whether I'm linking from Flikr the right way?

Thanks all!!

Good set of critter shots, the links all look ok.
This is my first time going for the 52 but I believe the title of the thread should have the week number and theme in it, might not be a hard and fast rule but it is handy so others know the thread has been updated and to have a look.

You'll also want to add a chosen shot each week to the main posting thread. here

The thread looks good, you need to pick your best for the week's theme and link it back to here as advised above, but the week no and theme are not a strict rule, just helpfu;l. nWell done for joining in and being part of the fun!

Definitely wot he said!

Would be grateful if anyone could confirm if I've set this thread up properly, and whether I'm linking from Flikr the right way?

Thanks all!!

Thread looks good.

The links from Flickr do work, but it’s better if you can share them as bbcode (it’s one of the options when you choose share).

And then pick a size where the largest edge is no more than 1024.

Then copy and paste that link here.

Although, AFAIK that only works if you’re doing it from a computer. I don’t think it works if you’re sharing from a phone.

The only other thing to do is post ONE image into the main thread.

Title it with the week number and theme. (And tech if applicable).

This is really for LC2 to update the spreadsheets. This isn’t to chase anyone up, it just helps at the end of the year with stats. It would be especially useful in your particular case as yoiu're playing catch up and might not be posting the current theme.

Finally, another welcome to the 52. I’ve had a scroll through your images on Flickr and they’re great.

I don’t think you’ll have any probs fitting in here.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Last edited:
There’s a bit more of an explanation here:

Last edited:
I'm not as sweary as Bob but these are great, as are many of the shots on on your Flickr. Clearly you're more practised than I (and others) realised when you introduced yourself!

Last edited:
nice!
photos can be camera or phone... I believe.. Whatever you want to share... Obviously via camera is more practice ;)

Forgot, but you can put up to 6 pic links into a thread post, and edit a post if you need to...
That way if you have indecisions and want input from others you can post in the thread and link back to it

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feedback and advice, much appreciated. Had a v busy couple of weeks and the big camera has stayed on the shelf.

I did get a bit of time trying to capture the swallows at some nearby stables, the buggers need to slow down

Anyway this is my favourite edit so I'll submit it as my favourite for the Critters challenge..

View: https://flic.kr/p/2pVaJYZ

Hi

The links from the main thread don't work. Can you see in the top-right of each post there's a little share icon beside the post number? If you hover over that it'll show you a link directly to the post on this thread. Copy that and then use the insert link function to put it into your post on the main thread. Also, when you're commenting click on the links and reply in the person's actual thread. I said before that there weren't really rules but now that you're here, there are rules. I couldn't tell you before, it's a rule. Anyway...

Weather - Really nice Can't believe I was telling you how important it is to develop an eye for light, and then you go and post that, I feel like I've been hustled!
Critters - This is great, stark bird against the dark background. How the heck did you capture that with a cameraphone?

@bullinachinashop

Hi, your links divert to flickr, not to & from TP threads.

Our old friend Cobra made this help post :)

As there are some very long winded explanations being posted on how to link the main image to your thread
I'll try and make it simple.

Post the same image on the front page as your own thread, grab the link from the post number in your thread.
that is, right click the number top right and click copy link address.
This is all you need to add to the ( highlighted )word linky or whatever you choose, by clicking the double chain in the reply box
and insert in the top portion...

Last edited:
Hi

The links from the main thread don't work. Can you see in the top-right of each post there's a little share icon beside the post number? If you hover over that it'll show you a link directly to the post on this thread. Copy that and then use the insert link function to put it into your post on the main thread. Also, when you're commenting click on the links and reply in the person's actual thread. I said before that there weren't really rules but now that you're here, there are rules. I couldn't tell you before, it's a rule. Anyway...

Weather - Really nice Can't believe I was telling you how important it is to develop an eye for light, and then you go and post that, I feel like I've been hustled!
Critters - This is great, stark bird against the dark background. How the heck did you capture that with a cameraphone?
Thanks for tech advice , think I've got the hamg of it now... And penny has dropped that the link is so people can comment without it cluttering the main thread!

And finally the feedback on the photos is really appreciated!! I just kept pointing and shooting at the Swallows and got lucky with one in focus, and double lucky to get a contrasting background for a crop and edit!

I've done some deleting of your duplicated posts in the Images thread to tidy its up. Essentially, if you don't get it right on a particular post, please go back and edit that one rather than post again. I know it takes a while to get the hang of it but hopefully you are getting there now with all the help above. Well done for joining in.

I've done some deleting of your duplicated posts in the Images thread to tidy its up. Essentially, if you don't get it right on a particular post, please go back and edit that one rather than post again. I know it takes a while to get the hang of it but hopefully you are getting there now with all the help above. Well done for joining in.
Sorry mate, and thanks!!!

Nicely done on the critter image. I can imagine they're very hard to capture as they are so quick. Not sure how the original shot was but I find the crop a little too close to the edges? But that's only my opinion. Great sky in the weather shot

Critters is good - hard to catch the pesky things they're so fast!

Love the weather shot - so much mood going on there.

Back