Butterflys

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

Out locally with my Macro lens for a stroll along the river Tone behind my house- I guess Summer has arrived in Somerset

1. Small Tortoiseshell
jbXalrK.jpg

2. Gatekeeper
LVr7Xfi.jpg

3. Large Skipper
WxvGPIy.jpg

Thanks for looking

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice Les. There's little about near us at the mo when it comes to insect life, but the weather has taken a very definite turn for the worse

Lovely set there Les, A Gatekeeper, blimey that`s early although I know it`s not the 1st to be seen in the UK for the moment and I am very surprised as I have not seen any here yet.

Very nice shots Les!

That's a male Large Skipper in no. 3. The pale marks on the wings and the distinctly hooked antennae-tips are diagnostic for this species.

That Gatekeeper is incredibly early! In a normal year you'd expect them in the last week in June, so this is a good 4 weeks early.

Nice trio Les. I can't get close to butterflies, as I approach they always become flutterbyes!

Paul.

I always try to stay low and move very slowly :)

Nice set, Les - Summer at last! :)

Russ

Thank you Russ- Its been quite warm down my way :)

Very nice Les. There's little about near us at the mo when it comes to insect life, but the weather has taken a very definite turn for the worse

Cheers Si, Summer is here for me :)

Lovely set there Les, A Gatekeeper, blimey that`s early although I know it`s not the 1st to be seen in the UK for the moment and I am very surprised as I have not seen any here yet.

I only spotted the one Graham, so not too mant around just yet :)

Very nice shots Les!

That's a male Large Skipper in no. 3. The pale marks on the wings and the distinctly hooked antennae-tips are diagnostic for this species.

That Gatekeeper is incredibly early! In a normal year you'd expect them in the last week in June, so this is a good 4 weeks early.

Thank you Dave- I know little about Butterflies

Les :)

Lovely set Les (y)
All I've seen so far is a couple of cabbage whites.

Well Chris, maybe you aint looking in the right places buddy :)
Once my Budleia cracks open, it'll be a different story :D

Last edited:
Back