Canon iP4000 - where to buy?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
I'm after a Canon iP4000 printer. I know its been replaced by the 4200, but that doesn't have compatible cartridges available for it yet, and might not have for some time.

Does anyone know of anywhere still stocking the 4000? I've had a look on the usual website, but to no avail. Would even consider 2nd hand.

Any ideas?
Matt

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/detail/offer-listing/-/B00040VW7Q/all/203-8925064-4065546 Is showing them as available new and secondhand although the price seems steep to me?

Ebuyer have the 4200i in stock for much less.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...6605&_LOC=UK&gclid=CKb42tWf5oECFQo4QgodNHLKsQ

and Inkclub have Canon originals carts for the 4200i at £9.36 incl free postage.

http://www.inkclub.com/produkt.asp?Marke=canon&modell=PIXMA+IP4200&CtryNo=826&LangNo=1

It will only be a short time before compatible cartridges become available and in the mean time unless you are printing out quite a bit you will probably get away with the ones supplied.

Ebay has refurbished model on sale most weeks. :)

Thanks for all the links folks. You are all God's of t'Internet.

I was reluctant to go for the 4200 as the cartridges are chipped, so will probably cost more when they are released (I wonder if this is why the 4200 is cheaper than the 4000, as they hope to make more on the ink?). I've heard people saying that it could be January 2006 or later for the compatibles to filter through too.

I still wonder if the Epson R220 would be a better bet - just heard quite a few stories about the print heads getting blocked up regularly.

Edit: Anybody ordered from uDiggit? DaveG? Are they any good?

Matt

feenster said:
Thanks for all the links folks. You are all God's of t'Internet.

I was reluctant to go for the 4200 as the cartridges are chipped, so will probably cost more when they are released (I wonder if this is why the 4200 is cheaper than the 4000, as they hope to make more on the ink?). I've heard people saying that it could be January 2006 or later for the compatibles to filter through too.

I still wonder if the Epson R220 would be a better bet - just heard quite a few stories about the print heads getting blocked up regularly.

Edit: Anybody ordered from uDiggit? DaveG? Are they any good?

Matt

Matt. I have the ip4000 and the ink carts are chipped in these too.. ;)

The good news is they can be had for around £6 a set from Fleabay which is good news, The print quality is awesome.. :thumb:

Also it makes a cracking job of printing disk labels too.

Now the Epson. I have just defected from Epson (after many years with them) to Canon for the very reason you suspected, Print heads forever blocked up. I had 2 R200's and have now sold both for the same reason, Other peeps may have had better luck but I was sick of cleaning the printheads everytime I wanted to use it.. :(

Busterboy, I see you are very nearly a local to me too :)

I think that seals it to some extent. I will order an iP4000 if I can find one in stock. I've heard very limited bad comments about the Canon, but plenty of comments about the Epson.

Just need to find one in stock now! Might pop into Argos tomorrow :)

Matt

In stock at Otley and Harrogate mate, Just checked..

Ah yeah, just checked and virtually all the Argos' near me have them in. Might bob into the White Rose Centre on my way back from work :)

Matt

Back