Canon IX6850 Printer Problem

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, my problem is the printer when sending an image from Lightroom just passes the paper through without actually printing anything, it worked for one image then gave up, I have run a head clean direct from the printer, head align and nozzle check, no paper jammed anywhere all printed/worked as should so guessing it may not be the actual printer.
I am on a Mac Mini.
Thanks for any advice.
Russ.

Hi, my problem is the printer when sending an image from Lightroom just passes the paper through without actually printing anything, it worked for one image then gave up, I have run a head clean direct from the printer, head align and nozzle check, no paper jammed anywhere all printed/worked as should so guessing it may not be the actual printer.
I am on a Mac Mini.
Thanks for any advice.
Russ.
Just a thought.....

Are you using the Airprint driver, even if I advertently following an (automatic? ) update?

How about uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it, making sure that it is the full driver and not the Airprint one?

As a non Mac user the above is simply my understanding of an issue Mac users experience

HTH?

Just a thought.....

Are you using the Airprint driver, even if I advertently following an (automatic? ) update?

How about uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it, making sure that it is the full driver and not the Airprint one?

As a non Mac user the above is simply my understanding of an issue Mac users experience

HTH?
Thanks for the advice I will try tomorrow, head not on straight just now with frustration.

Thanks for the advice I will try tomorrow, head not on straight just now with frustration.
I couldn't sit and wait so I followed your advice, deleted the printer driver, and downloaded a fresh driver. It worked :banana:
Thanks again, Russ.

I couldn't sit and wait so I followed your advice, deleted the printer driver, and downloaded a fresh driver. It worked :banana:
Thanks again, Russ.
Glad to know that you have sorted it out :)

Back