Canon Spring Cashback - LATE PAYMENTS!

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Have any of you had problems getting your cashback from Canon?

I have 2 outstanding claims and they are nearly a week overdue now.
I did get a generic email saying they had technical issues, but no real explanation or timescales

Not sure what they are doing but would be interested to know if anyone else has payments still pending that are overdue

My partner just had an email apologising for the lateness of the cash back - applied for in March after FOCUS.

I've been waiting too. Received a round robin e mail blaming a technical problem. That was a couple of weeks back. Nowt since.

I blame you lot for not buying enough Canon gear.

I am still waiting for my Winter Cashback to be sorted!

I received mine within about a month of purchase, which was the beginning of December.

Out of interest, did you post the claim form manually, or did you do it online? I posted mine manually and received an email the same week, saying my claim was being processed.

I just spoke to Canon customer services who basically gave me a load of pre rehearsed crap about it coming soon, but they could not give an exact date

This is absolutely disgusting customer service form Canon. I have no idea what they are playing at but it's nothing to do with a technical problem. They are just taking the cash for the goods, then sitting on the cashbacks for as long as they can get away with.

They are breaking their agreement (which has a nice convenient get out clause in the fine print)

I was going to buy a 70-200mm but I might just go second hand or grey import now instead. They've really ****ed me off on this one

Maybe a case for Trading Standards?

I had to call them last week, and got told they had not received my bank details to pay the money . Now that they have them , I still have to wait all over again another 30 days. The First Lady I spoke to when I told her that I had not got any money gave a big sigh and said "ok another one let me transfer you" I then got a quite abrupt foreign voice try to palm me off saying that they had requested my bank detail by email already, and the delay was not down to them. :0(

I received mine within about a month of purchase, which was the beginning of December.

Out of interest, did you post the claim form manually, or did you do it online? I posted mine manually and received an email the same week, saying my claim was being processed.

Sorry for the delay in replying. I submitted it online. It was an age from when they said they were processing and then it showed as the cheque being processed late March. I was then told the cheque had been printed but could take up to 14 days to arrive. I have had to post back the wrong cheque before they will process one in the correct name. At this rate it will be the coming winter before it arrives!

I was transferred to Japan I think when I rang this morning. The girl I spoke to was so obviously just reading from a standard 'tell them what they want to hear to get rid of them' script.

Canon owe me £400 which I kind of factored into my budgeting for the month. I'm running a business, self employed, I expect a company like Canon to honour their promises.

I think it's disgusting to be honest.

As I say, I was contemplating spending another £1500 on a 70-200mm, they've probably now lost that sale. I'll buy one off here instead probably.

Submitted my claim online on 20th March, got email back within 2 hrs stating claim had been received and approved, later got email with details stating payment will be paid into bank on 17th April. emailed them on 18th to ask where the payment was. Got the technical problems reply stating payment will be with you in 2-3 days. 5 days later still nothing. repeatedly emailed them every 4 days since with same reply every time ie. apologies and claim is in progress and will be received in a few business days, last one stated i would have payment by end of (this) week...still nothing!!!
Not impressed at all 7 1/2 weeks and counting:thumbsdown:

Last edited:
My tale gets even stranger. After ringing them and emailing them, I logged in today and it now says that my cashback has been paid.

Guess what though, no money has gone into my account.

This is crazy

All these tales of woe with the cashback is not good for Canon, let alone the retailers.

My tale gets even stranger. After ringing them and emailing them, I logged in today and it now says that my cashback has been paid.

Guess what though, no money has gone into my account.

This is crazy

I've submitted a query, they're saying they have paid it today but not to me so I've requested the details they sent it to, just wondering if there is a phone number to call?

I've submitted a query, they're saying they have paid it today but not to me so I've requested the details they sent it to, just wondering if there is a phone number to call?

I just rang Canon UK headquarters, the woman there put me through to marketing and promotions, which sounded to me like it was in Japan

I was fed a load of rubbish, just anything to get me off the phone basically

You'll get your money on Tuesday due to the bank holiday. Mine was in the bank the day after I received the email.

I'm fed up now.
It's been 8 weeks now since my claim was approved, and 4 weeks since the payment should have been made.
This isn't some small Mickey Mouse company, this is Canon!!
Regardless of what cock-up has been made, payments should only have been delayed by a matter of days, not 4 weeks!!
What a farce!

Well it's now tuesday. My Claim has said 'Paid' on it since last thursday, and yet I still have no money in the bank.

I think it's time Canon felt the Watchdog treatment.
Maybe the BBC can get them to respond

Will watch this thread with interest as filled out the online form last week for the spring cash back.

Phew, mines said paid too and they're adamant they've paid but it's not in my account yet. They said its international and can take a few days...

I've just had an email saying the cheque's in the post. Like others here, I don't buy the next item until the last one is sorted out. I would have thought Canon could figure out cashflow and reputation issues.

Regards

Chris

My latest email after emailing the customer support 3 times

Thank you for contacting Canon,
We regret to inform you that due to unforeseen technical difficulties, there may be a small delay with your cash back payment. Please be assured that the delay is only temporary and your payment will be with you within 2-3 business days.

In another twist, I received this email off Canon yesterday

Please be advised that due to a temporary technical issue which has been resolved your payment will be credited to your account by the end of this week.

Once again we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you in advance for your understanding.

When I log in, it says payment is complete, and has done since last week, however I still have no money.

Contact watchdog people, teach them a lesson

In another twist, I received this email off Canon yesterday

Please be advised that due to a temporary technical issue which has been resolved your payment will be credited to your account by the end of this week.

Once again we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you in advance for your understanding.

When I log in, it says payment is complete, and has done since last week, however I still have no money.

Contact watchdog people, teach them a lesson

my email was similar but said payment would be 9th May (this will now be the fourth date they've said it will be paid!)
If it isn't in tomorrow, i'm getting mad.

Submitted my claim 27 March. Payment in my bank today. I wonder if Canon allow their trade customers as much time to pay up?

Submitted my claim 27 March. Payment in my bank today. I wonder if Canon allow their trade customers as much time to pay up?

That doesn't sound too bad, it's only 43 days inc weekends and bank holidays etc

Back