Canvas printer (the machine itself)

Name
Dave Peacock
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone know of a good printer to look for?

When you start to do a search in google there are so many websites all selling printers but not many actually give any good information.

Im looking to do prints up to about A1 size

I've been selling prints of my photos to family and friends and had a lot of interest so id like to start making them myself.

Would the Epson stylus Pro 7700 be the right one to go for?
Its hard to find information on how to actually print on canvas.

Most of the commercial printers will take a canvas roll, and will have a profile built in for canvas.
Have a look at HP Designjets, I use a Z6100 at work, although I should stress its a commercial machine.

ok thanks i will take a look.
I thought it might have to be a special solvent printer or something until i noticed a company in a shopping centre using just large format epsons.

Epson 7600 or 7800 both good value s/h now and both good for canvas.
Be aware that with either you will need to change cartridges for gloss / matt, which costs a bit in wasted ink discharging and recharging.
Latest 7900 does away with that but is over £3k to buy lol
If you don't really need A1 then epson pro 4000 A2 are excellent kit and very cheap s/h, also no need to change carts.
No idea where you are but if local enough you are welcome to have a play with 7600, 7800, 4000 here, help you to decide? I am in Suffolk.

Back