Caterpillar winter

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Not sure why this little caterpillar is out and about in the depths of winter... I can only assume it has been disturbed by a bird and was looking for somewhere to get away to...

cater002framed.jpg

cater003framed.jpg

cater004framed.jpg

cater006framed.jpg

Paul.

Amazing set Paul. Well spotted and captured (y)

Lovely shots, its probably a young Angle Shades (Phlogophora meticulosa), its a very common caterpillar even during the winter months, removed several from my potted parsley plants and rehomed them in a wilder part of the garden a few nights ago.

Lovely shots, its probably a young Angle Shades (Phlogophora meticulosa), its a very common caterpillar even during the winter months, removed several from my potted parsley plants and rehomed them in a wilder part of the garden a few nights ago.

Cheers Adrian :)

Paul.

Cracking photos, in actual fact my favourite is the final one: feels like a never ending number of levels of life! Really nicely lit too, great work.
Any ideas what the oval-shaped things are in that photo? Part of it's "feet"?

Cracking photos, in actual fact my favourite is the final one: feels like a never ending number of levels of life! Really nicely lit too, great work.
Any ideas what the oval-shaped things are in that photo? Part of it's "feet"?

Thank you Jeff.

I rather expect they are the suckers we are seeing which stops the beggars falling off our leaves while they nosh away!

Paul.

Back