Cheapest Canvas Printer

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
I had six 20" x 30" canvases (canvii?!) printed a few years ago and the guy is still doing the same great deal which seems to be the best I can find:

£40 per canvas, with buy 3 for the price of 2.

That's £80 for three 20" by 30" canvases. That's a good deal right?

It's a small shop in Bracknell town centre, Berkshire. Wouldn't recommend going there for any other reason but that price makes it worthwhile!

Any other bargain locations?

Cant see how they can do it for that price... seems unbelievable... quality cant be that good?

Yeh, it's all down to the quality of the product.....the print, the canvas, and the stretcher bars. I used to get 30x20" canvases for £30

Take for example the stretcher bars. They are available in different thickneses, and then there's the different wood types, and then the quality of the wood. If you go for the cheapest then producing a canvas can be pretty cheap.

Quality is good - I've had them about two years and there's been no distorting or warping of the wood and the canvases are still all tight on the frames. They certainly do the job for me!

So yeah, get down to Bracknell. Or up to Fife!

What do you other guys typically pay then?

canvas is cheap to print and wrap. only costs me £5 to make a 16x10inch canvas at home

It's more down to time than materials. I used to work for a printing firm just starting to set up in canvases.
You have to set it up on the computer, print it, wait for it to dry out properly, coat it, wait for that to dry, wrap it and then pack it for delivery.
Include that on top of material costs and it all add's up (drying time can sometimes take 12 hours)

I leave mine for 24hr before wrapping and spraying it. I use good quality canvas and print on my epson R2400. the drying time does not impact on how much it costs to make.

It's more down to time than materials. I used to work for a printing firm just starting to set up in canvases.
You have to set it up on the computer, print it, wait for it to dry out properly, coat it, wait for that to dry, wrap it and then pack it for delivery.
Include that on top of material costs and it all add's up (drying time can sometimes take 12 hours)

What's the name of this shop, I would be interested to find out more :)

Sorry Will, just moved house so been internet free - quite embarrassingly painful. The shop is in the square in bracknell town centre, pretty much exactly opposite from Burger king. it's right in the corner. Very good value and I've no issues with the print quality

Afraid I got it slightly wrong and it's actually £59.99 per 20" x 30" canvas, which these at 3 for the price of 2, working out at £40 per canvas if you buy three.

I popped in today to say I had some people interest and to be honest they couldn't have been any LESS excited. They really didn't care, no "thank you for telling people about us" or "we'll offer forum memebers an extra 5%' or anything (perhapd my hopes were too high?).

anyway, no website but apparently it should be launched shortly.

Email is: sales@picturecompany.co.uk
phone: 01344 481384
Name: The Picture Company

I did ask about delivery but it's a strictly collection oonly service. It's easy to get to though, and actualy the Bracknell to London waterloo train is pretty easy (takes an hour, but it's generally pretty empty). In fact, while I speak of such things, I do currently do that commute so for a small fee would be happy to play the role of courier...

yeah morgan thats who im going for...

walked past the local canvas people yesterday and they offer A0 size canvases for £99, so i walked in asked how much for trade price. im awaiting an email from the boss.

Back