Close up

What did you shoot these with and what PP did you do?
They look oversharpened and over saturated to me.

They look oversharpened and over saturated to me.
I have to agree, there is a bit of an HDR feel to these.
But they are still nicely "close up"

A bit too close up for me to identify conclusively (I'd need to see the wings on the males) but I think they're 'Beautiful Demimoselles'
(The alternative is 'Banded Demimoselles' both species often being found together)

I agree about them being slightly oversharpened (there are signs of haloing), but I'm not sure about over saturated these species are incredibly highly coloured, much more so than other damselflies.
Despite the slight oversharpening they're much better images than I've managed.

A bit too close up for me to identify conclusively (I'd need to see the wings on the males) but I think they're 'Beautiful Demimoselles'
(The alternative is 'Banded Demimoselles' both species often being found together)

I agree about them being slightly oversharpened (there are signs of haloing), but I'm not sure about over saturated these species are incredibly highly coloured, much more so than other damselflies.
Thanks Mike i do tend to over sharpen but i dont touch saturation

Thanks Mike i do tend to over sharpen but i dont touch saturation

If you ignore the insect do you feel the rendering of the vegetation is natural looking?

Back