Common Blue @600mm

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

I know I did not use a "Designated lens" ( what ever that is ? ) but in my book the lens you have with you, is the right lens at that time

I do own 2 x Macro lenses A Sigma 70mm f2.8 ART lens and the Sony 90mm f2.8 Macro lens - problem I find with Butterflies using one of those lenses is they fly off soon as I get within 6 ft- with the 200-600mm I can shoot from 15 ft back and still get the image below

Common Blue showing nicely on the Estuary late afternoon and yes I use my Sony a7Riv + 200-600mm lens @ 600mm twined with my Sony a7Riv hand held- Kneeling down to get a decent POV

JqD0yWm.jpg

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I sometimes go out with a Macro and long lens but inevitably revert to the long lens for butterflies. A macro lens is good for subject that remain still for a while. Pushing a lens close to a butterfly will certainly scare it away. Last year I took what I thought was a reasonable shot of a Common Blue though I had been trying to find an Adonis Blue. The difference is minor so when entering in a competition I titled it "Polyommatus Icarus" on the basis that, if the judge was not a nature expert he would might like the image whereas if I titled it "Common Blue" he might be less impressed. It did OK. I will try to capture a shot of an Adonis Blue this summer.

Dave

I know I did not use a "Designated lens" ( what ever that is ? )
I must admit I was a bit bemused by that comment, so I had a word with google and she assures me, that.
Generally the lens designation will identify if the lens is suitable for a camera, manufacturer and lens mount.

So there you have it, no more trying to use Canon lens's on your Sony, OK?

:p

Nice shot ,i these days always use my 100-400 lens on the olympus for similar shots giving a 800mm effective focal length it’s a doddle

Sometimes I'm a real bad boy and I don't use the designated straw hole to drink with and I go totally capless. I'm such an animal, slurping and such. I know, THE HORROR! lol! :banana:

Keep being that bad boy, Lez, I like your non macro lens, macro shots.

That's a cracking shot Les, how much have you cropped if you don't mind me asking?

About 30%

I must admit I was a bit bemused by that comment, so I had a word with google and she assures me, that.

So there you have it, no more trying to use Canon lens's on your Sony, OK?

:p

Canon??? Please don't use offensive terms to a dedicated Sony man Chris :)

Back