Dalkeith Country Park

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
First 2 work really well for me Simon, especially the use of the bridge as a frame in #2.

I like the composition of the pano. My crit isn't the shot per se but the conditions. Snow is great but these bare brown trees - yuck. Imagine them with a thick hoar frost and man that shot would work, and in summer and in Autumn too.

The last shot isn't working for my tastes (that sort of thing never does) but the second shot is rather good. The framing works - it breaks up the dull flat sky and it hides most of the bare brown trees. Good work.

I like the composition of the pano. My crit isn't the shot per se but the conditions. Snow is great but these bare brown trees - yuck. Imagine them with a thick hoar frost and man that shot would work, and in summer and in Autumn too.

The last shot isn't working for my tastes (that sort of thing never does) but the second shot is rather good. The framing works - it breaks up the dull flat sky and it hides most of the bare brown trees. Good work.

Cheers
I was sure I had a copy of the pano from Autumn but I can't find it. I agree that the conditions don't help. I was actually hoping for some more snow on the trees or falling snow. It's just a mile away so it's one of those shots that I will get one I am happy with eventually.

Knew I had one. Again, not the best of conditions but I really like the way the curved path and wonky tree throws the perspective.

Dalkeith Country Park by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Nice set I like the mono and the the third shot the most

Back