Decent PC Slimline Soundbar suggestions

Mr Bump

From under the bridge
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
currently just using a small weedy soundbar on my PC for sound and want to beef it up a bit,
don't want speakers as its just for my compact setup , thoughts

I'm probably not going to be able to answer the question, but those that will, probably need to know your budget.

I work in a charity shop and we get a lot of soundbars that are small and compact and they all sound awful to my ears. They're often very cheap sub £50-new unbranded/chinese speakers that sound tinny, lacklustre and pathetic. It's a bit like the tripod trinity of light vs sturdy vs cheap. With speakers it's size vs sound quality vs cheap. Pick any two.

Oh - and edit to add - what's the connectivity to your PC currently? Bluetooth? the old 3.5mm speaker-out? digital-out? phono leads? Do you have a connectivity preference? (i.e. not bluetooth?)

Last edited:
I have a Canton soundbase which has been proving a good sound for our TV for several years now. Worth looking at the website. We got our from Richer Sounds.

Anthony

currently just using a small weedy soundbar on my PC for sound and want to beef it up a bit,
don't want speakers as its just for my compact setup , thoughts
What about a subwoofer with soundbar? Creative seem to do a couple. Obviously varying in price.

Back