Derwent water a while ago

I like them all too.. I wish I could have been there in those conditions.

The first, although I like it, gives me a slight discomfort looking at it.
I recall from my club comp days (I mean my work being judged) that an image that gave a 50-50 split with no other features gave the judges palpitations and me/us a low score.
Perhaps it's a throw back to those judges' comments.

I recall from my club comp days (I mean my work being judged) that an image that gave a 50-50 split with no other features gave the judges palpitations and me/us a low score.
Most of these judges don't know s***.

Anything other than 50 50 here would look odd.

They are nice Alf

Thanks Pete

Thanks Dave
I was last a member of a camera club in 1989 I am not concerned what a camera club judge has to say

Most of these judges don't know s***.

Anything other than 50 50 here would look odd.

(y)

Definitely a kick in the teeth for the rule of thirds..excellent images.

Thanks Phil

Stunning set, thanks for sharing!

Thanks Chris

Absolutely stunning shots.

Thanks Tom

Wonderful set.

I left a camera club some years ago,first off the same two or three 'won' and I found the comments disheartening .It was beginning to move away from an enjoyable hobby for me to a challenge and one that was, seemingly, never fulfilled to it's potential.

Last edited:
Lovely set ;)

Wonderful set.

I left a camera club some years ago,first off the same two or three 'won' and I found the comments disheartening .It was beginning to move away from an enjoyable hobby for me to a challenge and one that was, seemingly, never fulfilled to it's potential.

Thanks John
I was not in a camera club long enough for that to happen to me. Money and time meant I stopped photography for years. I did manage to learn a lot from some members and got a lot from parts of the club.
It has changed name now but I gave a talk at a meeting about macro photography in 2019 which was OK I felt

Lovely set ;)

Thanks Jak

No 1 for me Alf- a scene I have seen many many times- sadly not since 23rd March last year

I see now the Premier Inn @carlisle has doubked the rate for a twin room and on some dates even trippled the rate- so I'll niot be getting there this year, which is a shame

Les

No 1 for me Alf- a scene I have seen many many times- sadly not since 23rd March last year

I see now the Premier Inn @carlisle has doubked the rate for a twin room and on some dates even trippled the rate- so I'll niot be getting there this year, which is a shame

Les

Thanks Les
I have hardly been into the Lakes this summer as it has been so busy.

Just spent 5 nights up there, did the same last August, loved it, nice hotel in Keswick.

Get all my shots done in the morning,5am onwards before the crowds.

I did hear that from a mate who lives in Keswick- he said best not to bother :)

Just spent 5 nights up there, did the same last August, loved it, nice hotel in Keswick.

Get all my shots done in the morning,5am onwards before the crowds.

I do not venture into the lakes much in summer in a more ordinary year I find it a pain

Very nice - a very pretty part of the UK.
Is it very crowded this year or does everyone go to the more southerly lakes?

Back