Digital Photo - Dec issue

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
Has a set of A4 2006 calendar templates in PSD format on the cd, all ready for you to bung your own images on to. Some useful tutorials there as well.

i used to really like DP(won a camera in one of the comps, have i mentioned that before?)but lately its been the same old stuff, weve had Black and White stuff already this year, but i have that to look forward to again next month, im slowly gravitating toward DCM, which has a better spread of info, without the constant PS BS, if you cant take a half decent shot to start with, you aint gonna get much out of it with PS!

The one I prefer normally is Photography Monthly but I think they all go through phases where the quality drops off a bit or they become repetitive.

I'd agree about some of the newer mags, they seem to try to concentrate too much on creative processing rather than the technique of taking the shot in the first place.

PP seems to concentrate on the 'shot taking' aspect, which I enjoy reading.

AP though is starting to annoy me, in that when I read it, it just seems to be one big pot of insults for Daniel Lezano and Will Cheung to constantly score points off each other, always seeming to look for an opportunity to slag each other off.
They're probably best friends in real life, but it is really an offputting thing to read.
I've been tempted quite a few times to write in and say "oi, you two, get a room". lol

The digital specific mags like DP I tend not to buy because they're a fiver, and for about 10 years I've had a 'boycott the fiver magazines' policy in place, because I'm tighter than cramp :thumb:

EosD said:
i used to really like DP(won a camera in one of the comps, have i mentioned that before?)but lately its been the same old stuff, weve had Black and White stuff already this year, but i have that to look forward to again next month, im slowly gravitating toward DCM, which has a better spread of info, without the constant PS BS, if you cant take a half decent shot to start with, you aint gonna get much out of it with PS!

Same here, DP has been the same old stuff for a while now. So I've been reading Digital Camera for about the last six months.

Back