DJI Osmo Pocket 3 or iPhone 16 with DJI Osmo Mobile 6 Gimbal??

Name
Chris Tarling
Edit My Images
No
Bit of a long title but there it is.
I am planning to do more video for marketing my business - essentially putting me in front of the camera. Note this is not for client content creation but for promotion. I will definitely use it also for documenting moments in life, non-business.
Given I'll have the phone the Osmo 6 is the lower cost.
Just not sure what will work best for me - so looking for user experiences please.
Thoughts please! Thank you!

I used an older Osmo gimbal in the past and didn't get on with it - a bit cumbersome for me.
I have just picked up a Pocket 2 now and it's much more convenient to use.

Osmo pocket 3 is simply amazing. About it’s only 2 downsides is that a) it’s a bit fragile (doubt it would survive a drop) and b) it’s not weatherproof. If these don’t bother you then it’s awesome.

Should have added because it forgoes the higher resolution sensor (like say a GoPro smaller sensor which has 27mp), in favour of a 10mp sensor, it's low light performance (for a 1" sensor), is simply stunning. Sure that makes it not so good for photos (at only 9.4mp max), but for video's, I am continually amazed with it's low light performance. Like I say, if you can forgive it's two shortcomings as mentioned above, and can stretch to the Creator combo pack, then you also get the brilliant DJI Wireless mic 2 which seamlessly connects to the OP3, as well as a battery extension piece, tripod foot, carry case etc. It's well worth it.

I recently used it for my trip to Rome a few weeks ago alongside my Sony A6700. Whilst the Sony shoots 10 bit in 4:2:2 colour depth in H265, and the OP3 "only" shoots 10 bit 4:2:0 in the older H264, to be honest, there was very little between them on my 27" 4k monitor, and the only real reason I'd grab the A6700 is focal length as obviously the OP3 is a fixed FL, but then the OP3 is mounted to a brilliant gimble as well. It really has changed the way I shoot holiday and casual videos etc.

Back