Do you have a supportive partner??

My missus gets a gold star today, went looking for a DSLR and would have been happy with that and she says no you need the telephoto lenses and the goodie bag as well. Top marks

Nope, you are safe at all those events. Because of deadlines I have been told I will likely not have any holiday before mid June and will be working most weekends, so the only area to avoid would be central London around Oxford st:D

Don't come down regent street - we like it the way it s thanks :p:D:D

My wifes pretty good - she bought me a d3x for my 40th birthday.....

She just likes the results

My wife supports my hobbie but not the money I spend on it at times, so I have a secret credit card that I use now for my photo purchases...

My girlfriend is pretty good, I use her for human interest when there is nothing else around ala Mr David Noton - which is good for stock as it means I have a model release!

I've just got my first DSLR, mainly to (try) take better pictures of our 6 month old baby. I dont spend much on anything and we've spent nearly 3 years renovating our home so will be hopefully be spending more time relaxing and taking pics. OH is happy with it so far and even apreciates the dfference in taking of pics compared to the compact. Not sure how future spending will go down but I'm sure some good pics of son will swing it - failing that there is always some hard labour round the house or garden fr brownie points :)

My OH has no real interest in Photography but is happy to let me pursue my hobby.
That said she does usually comment "you on that bloody forum again" :D

That aside we both have expensive seperate hobbies,

Her = card making, zumba and football season ticket
Me = photography and RC cars.

I don't question her and she doesn't question me = bliss.......oh got to go I've been summoned! :)

My OH has no real interest in Photography but is happy to let me pursue my hobby.
That said she does usually comment "you on that bloody forum again" :D

That aside we both have expensive seperate hobbies,

Her = card making, zumba and football season ticket
Me = photography and RC cars.

I don't question her and she doesn't question me = bliss.......oh got to go I've been summoned! :)

Lovely combination :) Prefer F1 to football myself (y)

I've just got my first DSLR, mainly to (try) take better pictures of our 6 month old baby. I dont spend much on anything and we've spent nearly 3 years renovating our home so will be hopefully be spending more time relaxing and taking pics. OH is happy with it so far and even apreciates the dfference in taking of pics compared to the compact. Not sure how future spending will go down but I'm sure some good pics of son will swing it - failing that there is always some hard labour round the house or garden fr brownie points :)

Photography (for me) is about capturing 'that' moment in time. Babies and young children are perfect for this. Enjoy your DSLR and have as much fun as possible. We do and we will continue too. As for the 'future spending', buy what you need not what you think you need. :)

My Wife could help support me more. She could start by supporting the concrete of the patio from underneath!

Photography (for me) is about capturing 'that' moment in time. Babies and young children are perfect for this. Enjoy your DSLR and have as much fun as possible. We do and we will continue too. As for the 'future spending', buy what you need not what you think you need. :)

I got the DSLR as I simply wasn't getting those moments with the compact - whether I do with the DSLR remains to be seen. Just back from a few days away and have reasonable amount of pics to look through, shot in a variety of modes from auto to manual.

At the end of the day if the pics I get after a big of trying are not a big improvement on the compact's then I'll probably just sell it on and put it down to experience. Hopefully wont come to that but I dont have a huge amount of time to devote to a steep learning curve.

both me and the other half have expensive hobbies his being shooting, and now me just getting in to photography, at the moment he seems to be fine with me going to the seaside for the day on Saturday to take photos and is encouraging me to invest in some new glass, hope it continues

No. Hates the fact that I spend so much time doing it. Thankfully has no idea how much I spend. Loves the pictures I take of the Grandsons and her horses. Can't understand why I'd ever want to photograph anything else.
Still got her though.....but things can change..

Back