Does such a thing exist ?

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Hi all. In about 6 weeks time I’m going to Rome for the week to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and our best friends 30th anniversary (within days of each other). As it will be crowded and places like the Vatican etc frown on backpacks, I’m considering taking a much more slimmed down photo kit and was wondering if there was some sort of waist bag that could be positioned either in front of me or to the side that would hold say:

Sony A6700 with Sigma 18-50 F2.8
Sony PZ 10-20 mm F4
DJI Osmo pocket 3 and the battery handle.
Space for mobile phone, spare battery etc.

Does such a bag exist please - any recommendations ?

A Lowe Pro sideline shooter would do the job. It's a jazzed up bum bag that can fit a ff DSLR and a couple lenses, I have little doubt it would handle the kit you want. You can either wear it front/ back/ side or I use mine like a sling.

Thanks all. I’ll start having a look into some of the suggestions.

Not a waist bag, but the Mindshift Photocross 10 is like a Tardis.
Small enough to be an inconspicuous sling bag, you can use as ‘personal item’ on a plane

And mine holds Canon R6 w 24-70 2.8, 85mm f2, 50 1.8 and 16mm 2.8, with space for spare batteries and small personal items (for the flight / airport it’ll take the kindle and earbuds etc.).

Ignore the advert, it’ll take a tripod and water bottle too, but that’d defeat the object.

And to add, I used mine at the Vatican museums, and it’s never felt anything like carting even a small rucksack.

Last edited:
I have a fairly large Lowepro 'holster' type bag that will take my Nikon F6, a 24/120 F4 and my 20mm F2.8AFD. It has a sling type strap but also a waist belt which gives extra security against the bag being stolen by thieves who will cut the sling strap but the belt will defeat them. Not everyone uses an F6 of course, but that is about the same size as a D800. It has internal pockets to keep spare batteries and memory cards. There is also a waterproof cover that folds away into a side pocket.

Last edited:
Back