Dragonfly emergence image heavy

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
I went out for a macro safari the other morning the hope of seeing my first Dragon fly emergence also my first timeof trying. I spotted one crawling through the grass and moved a away a littlle to let it get on with finding a spot to emerge. I then spent the next two hours observing and recording it.

In place ready to go

dragon fly nymph emergence 1 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Then it started

dragon fly nymph emergence 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

dragon fly nymph emergence 3 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

dragon fly nymph emergence 5 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

dragon fly nymph emergence 6 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

dragon fly nymph emergence 7 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Great set of images Alf. I got to watch a Damselfly emerging a few weeks ago - it's a wondrous thing to observe

Excellent set of images Alf right place right time.
GEORGE.

Wow, what an amazing set of images.

A nice set of images, good record.

Great set of images Alf. I got to watch a Damselfly emerging a few weeks ago - it's a wondrous thing to observe

Excellent set of images Alf right place right time.
GEORGE.

Terrific set Alf. A complete sequence. Wonderful.

Brilliant Alf

Thanks all glad you like them
Now I need to find one in a better position to get a better background I think oh and a damselfly

Great series of images. At first i couldn't find the parasitic wasp; I hadn't realised how tiny it would be!

I wonder what colour the dragonfly will be when it obtains its adult colouring?

A plainer background would be good. I wonder if it would be possible to move the chrysalis and the stem on which it is stuck to a better position?

Good sequence of images, in the emergence of this Dragonfly.

Thanks Paul

Great series of images. At first i couldn't find the parasitic wasp; I hadn't realised how tiny it would be!

I wonder what colour the dragonfly will be when it obtains its adult colouring?

A plainer background would be good. I wonder if it would be possible to move the chrysalis and the stem on which it is stuck to a better position?

Thanks Jerry
Some wasps are really tiny
I suspect it is a hairy dragonfly but I am happy to be corrected https://british-dragonflies.org.uk/species/hairy-dragonfly/
It would be possible to move one on a single stem many people do with butterflies

A great set Alf

Thanks Kevin

Great sequence...........hoping to get a similar set soon.

Thanks Glynn

Nice set of images.

Thanks Kevin

Back