Efke Infrared Films

Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone used either the "Standard" or "Aura" Infrared films in 120.
I have just run out of Kodak 120 Infrared I used to import from Texas from a guy who rewound it from "Aero camera lengths.
It became quite expensive at about £35 a roll.
The "Aura" version has no anti-halation backing and 820nm spectral sensittivity so would appear to be a direct replacement.
I shall buy some anyway but would be interested in others thoughts.
C

I haven't tried the Efke but from the pictures posted around the net it looks a good option. The Rollei is also worth a look FYI

None of the current IR films are as sensitive as the discontinued Kodak HIE. I've used the Rollei IR film in 120 and 4x5, with a Heliopan RG715 filter it exposed at around ISO 12. I have a few rolls of Efke 120 IR in the fridge as yet unused, but will expect to expose at around ISO 3 or 6. You could use a 25 red filter with the Kodak HIE and get the wood effect, the same filter on the Efke and Rollei films will do nothing. Unlike Kodak HIE, the Rollei IR film has very little grain, and I believe the Efke IF film will have more grain than the Rollei, but nothing like HIE.

Thank you both for your comments. It looks as if I shall have to order some of each on Tuesday and try them out. Probabably not the best time of year, but I need to try and get everything right for the spring. Slow worker !!!!
Regards C

Back