El Dorado Colombia 2022 part 11

Very nice set of macro/close up style captures David, you sure do have a varied selection of insects etc where you live.

Very nice set of macro/close up style captures David, you sure do have a varied selection of insects etc where you live.
Thank you but I live in the UK - all these photos all are from a 3 week holiday in the summer.

Last edited:
Thank you but I live in the UK - all these photos all are from a 3 week holiday in the summer.

Woops :) Sorry I didn't realise that David, as you have been posting so many pic's lately from that area I assumed you kinda lived in those parts.

Woops :) Sorry I didn't realise that David, as you have been posting so many pic's lately from that area I assumed you kinda lived in those parts.
An easy mistake to make. Colombia is a good country but El Dorado was amazing about 130 photos of birds, mammals, views, insects, snakes and arachnids in 2 days.

Were they a bit noisy at night when trying to sleep?
We used to have crickets in some building at work (not native to the area) and they would make a racket.

Nice shots

Were they a bit noisy at night when trying to sleep?
We used to have crickets in some building at work (not native to the area) and they would make a racket.

Nice shots
There was a bit of noise from Cicadas but I can sleep with a bit of noise, near my house there is a train line which is far louder. One night though I woke up early and was reading my kobo to go back to sleep. A moth kept on landing on it and changing the font size - very annoying. Not a place for anyone who dislikes insects. There was wifi but only in the restaurant and not when raining - which I couldn't quite understand why rain stopped the wifi.

Last edited:
Back