Error 01 on Tamron lens

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone
I bought a second hand Tamron 35mm 1.4 from Wex in May
Very occasionally, it’s happened twice and have taken a lot of pictures last month , get the error 01 message and I have to turn camera off and on again
This isn’t a complaint with Wex or the lens , it came to me like new in all the original packing, the lens so good, corner to corner sharp and focus is spot on
No way could I part with it and it isn’t available new anymore anyway

Question is what causes error 01 ?

I’ve googled and the answer is dirty lens contacts but I can’t see it being that it’s like new
It’s got a years warranty anyway so will live with it and keep an eye on it have got another family visit coming up and wouldn’t want to be without the Tamron 35mm just wondering what’s going on
camera is Canon R5 and no other lens I use does this

Last edited:
Give the contacts a wipe with IPA, both camera and lens, see if that helps, I get it with a Laowa lens from time to time.

It's a communication error, so dirty contacts would be my first guess.

Last edited:
Give the contacts a wipe with IPA, both camera and lens, see if that helps, I get it with a Laowa lens from time to time.

It's a communication error, so dirty contacts would be my first guess.
Ahh I see , thanks Gav , will try that , I took the lens off and looked at the contacts but didn’t actually try cleaning them will do that :)

IF the Isopropyl Alcohol wipe doesn't work, next try would be a GENTLE rub with an ink rubber, making sure that any detritus doesn't drop into the works of the lens. A lens that has sat unused may well have developed enough corrosion on the contacts to cause the 01 error.

IF the Isopropyl Alcohol wipe doesn't work, next try would be a GENTLE rub with an ink rubber, making sure that any detritus doesn't drop into the works of the lens. A lens that has sat unused may well have developed enough corrosion on the contacts to cause the 01 error.
Thanks have got one of those somewhere

Reactions: Nod
I had this - Error 1 Canon R5 (24-105 Lens)

tried the Isopropyl Alcohol and the ink rubber but the error 1 still happens - the problem is the internal flexible pcb in the lens connecting the the focus ring - I had to buy another lens

lets hope WEX are reasonable people

Derek

I had this - Error 1 Canon R5 (24-105 Lens)

tried the Isopropyl Alcohol and the ink rubber but the error 1 still happens - the problem is the internal flexible pcb in the lens connecting the the focus ring - I had to buy another lens

lets hope WEX are reasonable people

Derek
That’s a shame will keep a close eye on mine
If the issue continues will send it to thier repair company, they do have a good reputation

If you decide it's happening too often speak to Wex first, you should have 12 mths warranty on it, they may look at the repair for you.

Thanks yes it’s got a 12 month warranty, will keep a close eye on it and if cleaning doesn’t sort it I’ll give them a ring

For camera/lens contacts I use DeoxIt pens for cleaning...

The contacts on the lens usually have spring and ball pressure behind them; sometimes a contact might not be extending quite enough for reliably solid contact. There's not much you can do about it other than trying to make sure there's no dirt/dust keeping the contacts from extending fully (soft bristle brush).

There's always a little rotational free play in a lens mount... it could be slightly too much for that particular lens/body combination, which allows it to occasion break contact if twisted too much.

For camera/lens contacts I use DeoxIt pens for cleaning...

The contacts on the lens usually have spring and ball pressure behind them; sometimes a contact might not be extending quite enough for reliably solid contact. There's not much you can do about it other than trying to make sure there's no dirt/dust keeping the contacts from extending fully (soft bristle brush).

There's always a little rotational free play in a lens mount... it could be slightly too much for that particular lens/body combination, which allows it to occasion break contact if twisted too much.
Thanks I’ll have a look for one of those (Deoxlt pens) not heard of them before
Didn’t know either about the spring and ball setup either, will have a close look at the back of the lens

Back