Experimenting with Godox MF12's

Name
Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I got my new toy yesterday, the Godox MF12 k2 flash kit. All the shots were taken as it it comes straight out of the box with the close up diffusers attached. Paired with a XPro c trigger I could put each head into its own group and independently set the power output. Should make them great for table top studio work when I get bored in the winter months. :)

Still experimenting but these were done with one slightly less powerful than the other to try and keep the light from looking flat. After so long without a flash I am finding it difficult to get the lighting right and they are producing hot spots where I don't want them. Probably need to work on making some DIY diffusers as they are a bit pokey even at low settings but not very big light sources.

Still a work in progress but these things are fun!

5P8A1430.jpg

BroadCenturian2v1010.jpg

5P8A1209.jpg

5P8A1467.jpg

5P8A1217.jpg

5P8A1422.jpg

Looking good Ryan (y)

Great set, I’ve got the MF12, a triple set up. Still experimenting as well! But I love it.

Looking good Ryan (y)
Some great shots there.
Great set, I’ve got the MF12, a triple set up. Still experimenting as well! But I love it.

Many thanks all!

@Norkie I do love the idea that should I ever want more heads they can be added without getting a whole new setup. I might end up adding a third at some point too, I like the idea of 2 on camera and a third off camera to light the BG. Are you using any DIY diffusers or just as it came out of the box?

As it came out of the box Ryan. I have an entry for the MPB Comp where I had two on camera in white and a third with a red filter handheld at the side.
I’ll post that entry next week ;)
I’ve posted a few in the macro section today using the MF12 :)

Back