Extract film leader?

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys,

I loaded up a body yesterday and didn't take a shot. I've decided I might use this film in a different body as it's the last roll of this type of film.

The body it's in doesn't have a manual rewind. Is the best way to rewind the film, extract the leader and then load it in the new body? Is it easy to extract the leader after rewind using a bit of old film? (I don't have an extractor tool).

Can someone remind me of this method?

I guess the other way is just to open the body and lose a couple of frames or do it in a changing bag?

Thanks in advance

Mark

ive had a similar situation before.

its easy enough to just open it in a changing bag (do it in the dark as well -just in case!) and roll the film back into the canister as far as you need.

should all be good if you haven't taken a shot yet.

ive had a similar situation before.

its easy enough to just open it in a changing bag (do it in the dark as well -just in case!) and roll the film back into the canister as far as you need.

should all be good if you haven't taken a shot yet.

Cheers for the quick reply Aleksander. I think typing my question I answered it myself and did exactly what you suggest. Put my body into my changing bag. Unloaded the film and then manually rewound the film into the canister leaving a bit of leader. I then loaded the other body as usual in daylight.

Great minds think alike eh?

Thanks again.

Cheers for the quick reply Aleksander. I think typing my question I answered it myself and did exactly what you suggest. Put my body into my changing bag. Unloaded the film and then manually rewound the film into the canister leaving a bit of leader. I then loaded the other body as usual in daylight.

Great minds think alike eh?

Thanks again.

no problem!

glad my advice was of some use:D

what was/is this precious film of yours? the last batch of Kodachrome EVER!:LOL:

what was/is this precious film of yours? the last batch of Kodachrome EVER!:LOL:

Nah nothing so precious. Just my only roll of of B&W ISO100 (Delta 100 actually) at all (it was such a gorgeous sunny day yesterday). I've let my fridge run a bit low on the slow side of medium B&W ;o)

On Saturday I had loaded it into my EOS100 and taken it on an MTB bike ride but didn't shoot a frame. I take my EOS100+Nifty Fifty as it is light and relatively small and fits in my pack. And it won't matter if I crash and break the camera.

Decided yesterday to go for a walk and take my Nikon F4S instead. But wanted to put the ISO100 in that one.

If you see what I mean...

Back