feeding bee

Very nice shot.
Its strange that a little thing like a Bee has such a long tongue (thing)

Nice capture but the light is a bit harsh.

Very nice I always struggle to shoot bumbles do agree with Alf about the light tho a bit harsh

its natural sunlight ?I dont use flash ,suggestions /ideas ?
Yes you can't do anything about the light if it's a bright day I agree
I don't use flash either
I try to go out to shoot macro when there's a bit of cloud around so the sun isn't so harsh but that's not always practical as I'm stuck with whatever the weather is on my day off

its natural sunlight ?I dont use flash ,suggestions /ideas ?

Yes you can't do anything about the light if it's a bright day I agree
I don't use flash either
I try to go out to shoot macro when there's a bit of cloud around so the sun isn't so harsh but that's not always practical as I'm stuck with whatever the weather is on my day off

I am not telling either of you what to do but I stand by my comment.

The light a photo is taken in is everything. It is what the medium is about. Portrait, Landscape, Achitecture photographers all use light to get a feel in a photo. If we had a talk macro section I usggest we would talk a lot about lighting.
My suggestion is to use a well diffused flash or reflectors or even a diffuser. Failing that only shoot in flattering light.
Or ask yourself would a wedding photographer use this light.

An example of different light on a subject.

Here is a fly taken strong sunlight no diffusers or reflectors (sorry the focus is slightly off) processed from RAW best I could

Fly with sunlight by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Here is a shot taken 10 seconds earlier of the same subject with a diffused flash again processed from RAW.

Fly with flash by Alf Branch, on Flickr

From this thread

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/we-need-you-in-draft-want-to-get-into-macro.551944/

Last edited:
Back