Beginner Feelworld f5 5-inch monitor best setup for photography?

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, OK so I just purchased a used one of these monitors to use as an aid in stills photography mainly birds & wildlife.
Anyone else used one and if so what did you find the best setting on the monitor to be please?
Will be using with Nikon Z8 and 180-600 lens and hoping it will allow me to get down easier for those low level shots that at my age is not easy.
Looked online for suggestions but mostly seem to be for video work not stills.
Thank you, Russ.

I've used an external monitor a few times for wildlife. The main thing I found was the need for a good hood... you're pointing it up towards you so you don't have to get down so low; but that makes it prone to reflecting the bright sky.

I didn't use any of the monitor features/settings (zebra stripes, etc)... just replicate the camera viewfinder/liveview.

I've used an external monitor a few times for wildlife. The main thing I found was the need for a good hood... you're pointing it up towards you so you don't have to get down so low; but that makes it prone to reflecting the bright sky.

I didn't use any of the monitor features/settings (zebra stripes, etc)... just replicate the camera viewfinder/liveview.
Hi, thanks have had a quick look off camera (no batteries yet) seems it has zebras for exposure and hope they work with the Z8. Thanks again, Russ.

Back