Fire up the Quattro, the 80s are back!

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
It's only around until October 30th so you need to get your roller skates on to get this beauty before she goes away for good!

5057009816_10c95f97d8.jpg

If you are into nostalgia, and as you are a rail worker, Bittern is on a steam special from London through Havant to Salisbury and Bristol tomorrow.

thats weird seeing it in its old colours. brings back memories of hours spent on the Queens Building, plane spotting as a child.

They're not being retired as such. Gatwick has a couple that are currently being de-commissioned ready for flight to the US where they'll be converted in to freighters. Not sure if all are headed that way, but some have already gone.

The New Zealand Air Force has a couple, the bloke that displayed the one at RIAT is an absolute hero!

Just thought I'd add, its only BA that are retiring their 757's.

And nice pic Matt! ;)

Yes indeed. American Airlines are switching more 757 to their Heathrow Boston flights as the wide bodies are being used on the Brazil flights which have better passenger numbers.

Crew and passengers all hate the 757 for transatlantic, finding it cramped and uncomfortable. IF you end up in seat 9b, you have to let everybody else board because it blocks the door.

I flew in an Icelandair 757 a couple of years ago. The overhead bins above my row and three or four others adjoining were all filled with aircraft equipment. Our bags had to be scattered all over the cabin.

Hmm..... 757 smaller than the 747 'Jumbo'??

I got to play with a 757 flight simulator at Raytheon in Crawley not long before the real planes went into service. Must have been around 1981/2.

Landing at the old Hong Kong airport was quite an experience, though I don't think I had my hands on the controls for that particular airport :)

Back