weekly firewireguy 52 / 2024 Week 26 - Nature Abstracts (Contrasty)

Fab shot :)

Our cat is on her last legs and drugged up on meds so she tolerates a cuddle now, which she previously never would have.

d2192889edd94b06570a02a457d7.jpg

Oh, sorry to hear about you cat - she looks like one of ours. Nice picture.

Lovely shot, I'm sure you'll grow to treasure that in the future.

Oh, sorry to hear about you cat - she looks like one of ours. Nice picture.

Lovely shot, I'm sure you'll grow to treasure that in the future.

Awww, bless her. So cute too.

Yes, a nice shot that will be a nice memory to have in the future.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. She's still around and doing pretty well really considering the vet recommended she be put down about a month ago. Glad she's still here even if I have a severe cat allergy which means I take meds or I can't breath.

First week I've been late for. I've been busy and full of no ideas. Sadly our cat is no longer with us, but she did well considering the vet would have put her down about 7 weeks ago.

So this time it's my badger mug from 2003 and the wife's Eeyore mug from a similar time period. Both decaying out of this world eventually be plain mugs.

c11aff356e84aa019fa998fd9f1c.jpg

Due to some technical issues I've been ahrd pressed to get a shot for this week. So this will have to do for Week 25 Snappers Choice (Minimalist)

f3b5e2b943077cca11b9488a2201.jpg

As for the cause of my issues. Well it turns out that some lenses on my FTZ will happily rotate the whole way around the mount. But only in one direction. So in taking off my 105mm Sigma it kept rotating past where it should and then wouldn't go back other than continuing on its way. This resulted in a bent aperture pin in the FTZ. So it couldn't open up any lens at all, they were stuck at their minimum aperture, so focussing didn't work and no one wants to use the smallest aperture very often.

So I got out the small screwdrivers and set to work. After a lot of fiddling and undoing bits of the FTZ that didn't need undoing I eventually got to the pin and with some pliars I managed to bend it back in to position just about. I don't know if it's spot on still. After re-assembling everything and it all seemingly OK I noticed that it still wouldn't open up the lenses fully wide. So another job with some pliars, this time a small tweak without disassembling everthing. And now I think it's all back and working.

This weeks photo is courtesy of taking some test shots in the garden.

And here is the pin in question with the pliar scratch marks on it

5ad9fcea2b319fd150615490cd30.jpg

Last edited:
Back