First candids

Edit My Images
No
I was really happy with my first attempt at canidid photography, all C&C welcome taken at Trevithick Day, Camborne, Cornwall back in April.

Dsc_84451.jpg

Dsc_8448.jpg

Dsc_8391.jpg

Dsc_84291-S.jpg

Number 2 is doing something for me, makes me think somewhat of the more invasive street photographers like Gilden and Cohen.

The others feel a bit too snapshot. The words of Capa come to mind: "If Your Pictures Aren’t Good Enough, You’re Not Close Enough". I think the problem with the other 3 shots is that they feel too far removed from the scene and as a result there is no sense of interaction.

2 on the other hand feels as if he is about to turn to the camera, there is a sense of interaction which I feel makes it work.

However all of the above shots could do with having the exposure dialed down as many of the highlights are over exposed to the extent that a lot of detail is being lost.

There is definitely a spark of something here though, particularly if you can get more like #2.

No. 3 would be my pick :). 2 and 4 look like snap shots and are too close to offer any context with the surroundings.

Back