First Damselflies Of The Year

Thats a superbe collection Gaz and all with great comp.
Just had a look over at your flickr and they look even better there but...........no exif details.
Could you please give me your exif details here.
I`m in the South of France and only today I have seen my 1st 2 Dragonflies, I would have thought I would see them way before you would (Damsels as well).
Thanks

Thanks Graham. When I look at my Flickr page it's showing the exif.

All taken between 1/40 and 1/125 sec although it's unusual for me to go below 1/80. ISO 800-1000. Aperture f13-16. Shot in AV with a bit of fill in flash.

Wonderful images Gaz with great colours, top quality - unusual composition with the droplets - and you have processed these really well

presumably the early morning was cold causing the Damsels to stay put longer than usual

Quite a few Damsels around here in SW France Graham

Thanks Graham. When I look at my Flickr page it's showing the exif.

All taken between 1/40 and 1/125 sec although it's unusual for me to go below 1/80. ISO 800-1000. Aperture f13-16. Shot in AV with a bit of fill in flash.
I think it's because you put the photos in groups and the exif dissappears for people like me who don't look in the groups.

Wonderful images Gaz with great colours, top quality - unusual composition with the droplets - and you have processed these really well

presumably the early morning was cold causing the Damsels to stay put longer than usual

Quite a few Damsels around here in SW France Graham

Thanks Bill.

I usually try and wait for a warm day with a clear night with another bright day forecast the following day. This I find gives a lot of dew on them. They are pretty sluggish for a couple of hours until the sun warms them up. I took these between about 0700 - 0900. Once the bigger dragonflies start emerging then I'm usually down there for 0500 as they tend to emerge very early. Keeps me out of trouble.

Nice shots
I havent seen any yet

Back