Frames - Where From?

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
Loads of threads on printers, business cards, etc, but there seem to very few on frames. Can anyone recommend a good frame supplier with decent prices?

I've tried searching locally and the surrounding area, but can find absolutely nothing at all.

See what I mean? Nada; Zilch! Amazing..... :thinking:

Need more info... what type of frames, fully assembled with prints etc... what do you mean by decent price?

Would normally be 16" x 20" - black or brown - 30mm or 60mm frame. No mounts required, just the frame, backing and glass.

I've just ordered a batch of 20 from this lot:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/popular4less

Got A4 black frames. Quality is excellent for the money (less than £2 each). The frames are well made and they have a proper hardboard backing instead of the usual cardboard you get in cheap frames. And they have a hanger you can move to different positions depending on whether it's a portrait or landscape orientated picture. Delivery was very quick. Not sure if they have the exact size you're after though. I'd certainly use them again.

Have ordered a couple of packs of the 18x12's - thanks for the link.

Last edited:
I've just ordered a batch of 20 from this lot:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/popular4less

Got A4 black frames. Quality is excellent for the money (less than £2 each). The frames are well made and they have a proper hardboard backing instead of the usual cardboard you get in cheap frames. And they have a hanger you can move to different positions depending on whether it's a portrait or landscape orientated picture. Delivery was very quick. Not sure if they have the exact size you're after though. I'd certainly use them again.

Looks ok for A4, although the one 16" x 20" they sell is quite pricey by comparison to the other eBay seller in this thread.... thanks.

Have ordered a couple of packs of the 18x12's - thanks for the link.

Not very impressed with these. 1 Had broken glass when it arrived which I guess is the risk you take when accepting larger amounts of glass via RM. The main section of the frame looks visibly OK and feels quite solid but the glass has visible imperfections and the backing board is roughly cut and in a number of cases crumbling at the edges.

A case of you get what you pay for.

I went into my local HobbyCraft store for the first time the other day. I did not have a lot of time but as I headed to the door I noticed a good selection of frames which I stopped to have a quick look at. No glass fitted and prices were ok. I am going to make time to go back and have a good look.

It's getting more & more difficult to source decent frames for delivery - many now will only supply them with plexi-glass due to H&S, I know "The Range" sell decent frames if you're lucky to have one closeby (I'm not).

I used these a few times,(http://www.framesandmirrors4u.com) prices are decent & frames are ok but they don't supply glass with larger sizes so I buy glass locally

Simon

May not be much help to you as you say you have already looked. But i have just found someone who i think i am going to go with by looking through the yellow pages.

He is virtually on my doorstep, the turn around is quick, quality is high, prices are reasonable and i like the idea of supporting another local small business. Is there definitely no local framers to you that are any good?

I've got quite a few IKEA Fjallsta frames knocking around the house. They're nothing special but they were cheap and come in a fair range of sizes. Just clean them before you use them as they are often full of dust despite the clingfilm wrap.

I'd love to find a decent framer locally though (East Finchley, north London in case anybody knows of one).

Last edited:
Most decent photo shops should sell frames - people like Kodak Express, Fuji Image Service , Snappy Snaps or independant photo stores - the guys doing D&P.

Tried your local Wilkinsons?

They can be a little hit and miss, but you can pick up fairly good 20x16 frames (with or without mount) from about £7 or £8.

Wilko/Ikea have loads of stock, not sure on the quality of the Wilko stuff, never bought from them, Ikea is decent enough if you have one local

As Dave says however, try and source local if you can, you see what you are buying and if you have any issues they are resolved before you walk away with product

Wilkos are good, but I have to admit that i'm looking for somewhere cheaper, more reliable and a little more unique. I don't mind if the frame is plain, but I would prefer it not to be identical to what every Tom, Dick and Harry have on their walls...and plain ones I can customise too, if appropriate. I'm looking for ones with mounts to fit a 12x8 pic.

Back