Frizzy

Edit My Images
No
24560899245_83b942fa91_b.jpg

Neither hand position really works, the right hand needs to be more relaxed and the left hand looks a bit odd with the fingers spread out like that - getting hands right is a struggle for most inexperienced models.

I do like the pose and the general lighting effect though - you've created good shadows in good places.

Personally though I would have had the light higher, to create even better modelling under her cheeks, nose and especially her lower lip - my starting point is usually to get the light at the height where the catchlight is only just visible or, if that still isn't enough, slightly higher still and to add the catchlight later.

You could also have the light further to your right, in effect creating "short lighting" that would have accentuated the shadows on the right side of her body (and especially her face). This works well for most female subjects and is especially good for people who have dark skin, it really brings out the beauty and of course it also has a slimming effect.

The points above assume that this is a glamour portrait, designed to flatter her - but ignore me if that isn't your intention.

Very nice portrait style capture, liking this pic' very much.

Thank you, agree wholeheartedly. Hesitated to post it The light was daylight so not very adjustable by me.

Thank you, agree wholeheartedly. Hesitated to post it The light was daylight so not very adjustable by me.
There's nothing wrong with daylight, it's just very hard to control.
I wrongly assumed that you had used a reflective umbrella, or maybe a beauty dish.

So, although you can't control the height of daylight (easily) you could still reposition your model to create the short lighting that I mentioned, if you choose to do so. In fact, I often use daylight to create short lighting, I only use flash when I have to - which, in England, is most of the time:(

Back