getting film shots onto the computer

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Forgive my obscene ignorance but i assume most folk use a negative scanner? Recommendations or even point me in the right direction and i can go read

EDIT: isnt the search function great! ok so um the v500 looks decent (and not v cheap sadly) any other contenders for similar cash or ideally something competent for less mullah

Forgive my obscene ignorance but i assume most folk use a negative scanner? Recommendations or even point me in the right direction and i can go read

I'm going to get shot down as a complete heretic here, but I use a flatbed scanner with a film attachment rather than a dedicated film scanner. Granted it's a bit limited for 35mm stuff, but it's quite adequate for medium and large format. Plus a flatbed is so much cheaper than a MF film scanner! Mine's an Epson photo, but Canon and others do good models too.

If you're just going to be doing 35mm negs/slides, one of the Nikon film scanners is usually considered the best bet, although again there are/were good ones made by the likes of Minolta.

itd just be for 35mm negs

cheers joxby although im slightly puzzled why that thread didnt appear when i searched scanner in this forum?!

I've seen slide enlarger lenses for sale at varying prices. Presumably you could try one of those on the dslr.

ie http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5358 but note the crop factor warning. I presume similar things exist for MF / FF ?

Back