Gary.D

Hoodie
Name
Gary Derbridge
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys,
I have narrowed the album im going to offer down to the:

GF smith expressions digital album with the desire cover.

Or

Loxley artemix range - The delos album.

I had a rep from GF smith come to see me so I have seen the desire album but unfortunatly due to being so far south, I won't be able to see a rep from loxley.
Have any of you used these albums, or maybe both?
Which one do you prefere.
Thanks
Gary

I am only an amateur, but I got a Delos, Artemis album from loxley done of the pics I took at my Sister-In-Law's wedding, for my own use. (assume this is what you meant?)
I think the album is very nice.
Came well packaged, in a cardboard shipping box. Inside was a magnetically sealed presentation box. Inside, there was a cloth wrap, around the album. The album itself is magnetically sealed as well. It has a 3" aperture on the front, and I also opted for the Embossing of their names on the album, which has come out nicely (it is on the right hand magnetic flap, done vertically).
Inside the photos are nicely attached to the pages, no rough edges.
Each side, I used a pale flower picture, and then the real photo in the aperture. Lustre print has given them a nice effect.
I had two double-page spreads. There is a line down the middle where the pages join, but this doesn't detract from the picture (IMO).
The software, to me, was pretty easy to use. The reproduction of the prints was as expected, (although, I did ask that they check manually themselves).

On one of the photos, there was a slight mark in the printing, it would have been easy to miss in QC. A quick email with a photograph to loxley, and they requested that the album be sent back, the image was replaced without quible.

Delivery from them was quick in my opinion. I have been very happy with it, and am in the process of producing a second.

They do have money off a test/example album, it might be worthwhile getting one from both of the companies with your own images in for showing to clients (well, the one you go with can be used for that anyway).

I am only an amateur, but I got a Delos, Artemis album from loxley done of the pics I took at my Sister-In-Law's wedding, for my own use. (assume this is what you meant?)
I think the album is very nice.
Came well packaged, in a cardboard shipping box. Inside was a magnetically sealed presentation box. Inside, there was a cloth wrap, around the album. The album itself is magnetically sealed as well. It has a 3" aperture on the front, and I also opted for the Embossing of their names on the album, which has come out nicely (it is on the right hand magnetic flap, done vertically).
Inside the photos are nicely attached to the pages, no rough edges.
Each side, I used a pale flower picture, and then the real photo in the aperture. Lustre print has given them a nice effect.
I had two double-page spreads. There is a line down the middle where the pages join, but this doesn't detract from the picture (IMO).
The software, to me, was pretty easy to use. The reproduction of the prints was as expected, (although, I did ask that they check manually themselves).

On one of the photos, there was a slight mark in the printing, it would have been easy to miss in QC. A quick email with a photograph to loxley, and they requested that the album be sent back, the image was replaced without quible.

Delivery from them was quick in my opinion. I have been very happy with it, and am in the process of producing a second.

They do have money off a test/example album, it might be worthwhile getting one from both of the companies with your own images in for showing to clients (well, the one you go with can be used for that anyway).

Thanks for your comment,

How are the photos stuck on the page in the loxley album then.
I thought they were printed on each page?

GF smith stuff is pretty nice and very well priced

Hey guys,
I have narrowed the album im going to offer down to the:

GF smith expressions digital album with the desire cover.

Or

Loxley artemix range - The delos album.

I had a rep from GF smith come to see me so I have seen the desire album but unfortunatly due to being so far south, I won't be able to see a rep from loxley.
Have any of you used these albums, or maybe both?
Which one do you prefere.
Thanks
Gary

How are the photos stuck on the page in the loxley album then.
I thought they were printed on each page?

The images (on mine at least) were printed onto a 10x10" photo/card, then stuck somehow (some sort of glue), onto the bound pages in the book. I have pruposefully over-brightened this image, so you can see how the binding is, unfortunately it is difficult to photograph the photographs edge on.

The page on the right, is one of their oval apertures, you can see the background image I have used, then the picture of the horse-shoes within the aperture. Basically, if you use the ROES software, and the render function, that is exactly what you get on the page.

Outer real box opened, with cloth shown:

This is the magnetic edge to the presentation box

Picture of the word embossing, and you can just see the corner of the 3" window photo. The embossing is on the magnetic flap of the book which holds it closed.

Last edited:
G F Smith albums are very good. A friend if mine is a wedding tog and uses them all the time. Give them a try.

Back