Grand Canyon

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
I was here in February. This is, I think, my best shot, but it still doesn't do the place justice. It's absolutely amazing.

5691264157_514b77016c_b.jpg

im going in august and that pic has made me even more excited

great shot!

It's a fantastic spot, did you do the helicopter tour through the Canyon?

Nice shot by the way!

No, I went in a small plane but we did fly over it and it was absolutely mind-blowing! I took a lot of pictures out of the window but didn't want to upload them to Flickr as they are nowhere near as clear as the ones on foot. Really glad you like the shot.

Was also there in February! Beautiful place :)

Great image though! Possibly could do with a straighten and maybe a different crop so the horizon isn't so central :)

To get a sense of scale, that far horizontal ridge is about 20 miles away.

Good picture. My last visit there in March was a waste of time. Crap visiblity, no sunlight, no heli flight as planned. The only one in seven trips there that was a failure though.

To get a sense of scale, that far horizontal ridge is about 20 miles away.

Good picture. My last visit there in March was a waste of time. Crap visiblity, no sunlight, no heli flight as planned. The only one in seven trips there that was a failure though.

That's why I said no picture can do it justice as when you are there the size is just overwhelming, isn't it? What an amazing place! Thanks for the praise, by the way.
Hopefully I will see it again soon. Do you have any shots you could share with us?

That's why I said no picture can do it justice as when you are there the size is just overwhelming, isn't it? What an amazing place! Thanks for the praise, by the way.
Hopefully I will see it again soon. Do you have any shots you could share with us?

Here's one of my better ones

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/data/2113/MG_8549_2.jpg

I've taken the bits out of this link that make the picture show here. It's your thread and I don't want to post my pictures in your thread. Just click on the link and you'll see mine.

This one was taken on my previous visit a couple and a bit years ago. Sunset and a storm across the far side.

This has to be on the list of places to be photographed, eh? I'm sure I will make it there at some point... :D

Here's one of my better ones

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/data/2113/MG_8549_2.jpg

I've taken the bits out of this link that make the picture show here. It's your thread and I don't want to post my pictures in your thread. Just click on the link and you'll see mine.

This one was taken on my previous visit a couple and a bit years ago. Sunset and a storm across the far side.

That's amazing! Wish the sky had a bit more character when I was there.

Anyone going in future has to get up early then stay up late to catch the sun rise/sun set. The colours are amazing against the rocks.

We stayed many a year back and managed to get a cancellation for a couple of nights. The place was packed with runners as the North - South rim race as on :wacky:

Just a word of warning when driving out of the Canyon, the police do monitor the traffic speedsters but from the air! :razz:

Di

Anyone going in future has to get up early then stay up late to catch the sun rise/sun set. The colours are amazing against the rocks.

We stayed many a year back and managed to get a cancellation for a couple of nights. The place was packed with runners as the North - South rim race as on :wacky:

Just a word of warning when driving out of the Canyon, the police do monitor the traffic speedsters but from the air! :razz:

Di

I'd heard that dawn and dusk were the best times to go but unfortunately I flew in from Phoenix for just a couple of hours and had to shoot at around 10am. I was still happy but knew it could have been so much better. Do you have any of your shots to share?

It's a fantastic spot, did you do the helicopter tour through the Canyon?

I did. And believe me. That picture is an equally good view of the Grand Canyon.
I really like the way Joe has managed to capture all of the colours.
Lovely shot.

I found the Grand Canyon really difficult to photogrpah when I went. Its just too big and almost uniform. I found it really difficult to get a photo composed that was interesting.

Well worth getting up at sunrise, the rocks change colour as you look at them. I expected to be on my own, but there were lots of people there. Brilliant place.

I found the Grand Canyon really difficult to photogrpah when I went. Its just too big and almost uniform. I found it really difficult to get a photo composed that was interesting.

I know what you mean. I just felt really excited and lucky to be there and took thousands of shots. If I didn't get good shots I wasn't bothered - it was just amazing to be stood on the Grand Canyon!

Well worth getting up at sunrise, the rocks change colour as you look at them. I expected to be on my own, but there were lots of people there. Brilliant place.

Wish I could have done that but I was staying 150 miles away. I got a plane ride in the early hours and got there for 10am. It was still amazing.

Stunning image....just hope one day i get to visit here...well i can wish!!

Nice image, portrays the mood there. It's quite disturbingly quiet! Is there a slight blue cast to your image? I can't be sure as viewing on an uncalibrated screen.

North rim is supposedly even better, but an extra 5 hour drive...

Back