Great Sunrise this morning New Photo added

Very nice couple of shots there John, a tad grey up here this morning.

Cheers .Did grey yesterday and don't worry it's raining here now and the winds are starting to pick up.

Nice couple of shots, I think the first image mite work better if you got rid of the benches in it, as they are a bit distracting

I was thinking that about the first I would went to the edge of the water I think.

Lovely shots. Reference your thoughts on whether you should have gone beyond the benches to the water's edge the lesson here is not this way or that but to take shots from different positions where possible but the sky has so much impact that it's not something that's detracted from it too much if at all. The reflection is superb too.
Maybe a shot a bit away to the right with and without the benches would have given you quite a few options to go back home with. Looks a great place to sit and relax.

As usual the first shot was a drive past saw the colour, dump car, grab gear, get a shot. I was heading for the beach but the coast road was closed otherwise would not have seen this, so a bonus for me . If I had more time yes I could have set up better ,now I know you get something from this location I will properly give it another try and allow myself more time to compose the shot.

hi john

the first picture is it the boating lake at southsea
and southsea peir in second?

brilliant pictures by the way

No.1 is a great sunrise but the benches don't work for me. No.2 is much better, really strong composition. As already mentioned it could be a great place to utilise a 10 stopper.

Thanks for all the reply's ,

Inyourface yes and yes

Steve ,hear what you are saying with one ,but late at location and did not want to miss the colours ,as you know the scenes do not last long.
As for two I think I was as wide as the lens would go, main colour was to the left ,so would have meant loosing some of the sky if I swung the camera to the right .

Stephen, I do use a 10 stop but I do prefer to get a bit of movement in the water , with this shot I would have liked to slow it down by a bit but not to the full misty look .

Oh my, those are lovely shots. Wish i'd been out last Sunday morning, a few friends got a similarly great sky.

Back