Hanging by a Thread + a 1st for me

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

I wish I had taken my macro lens- but I only had my 200-600mm

This little ,chap caught in a web and was hanging below

M3Atkhx.jpg

and the Clouded Yellow butterfly - not a great image more of a record shot , but I know where to find them now - so a macro trip is on the cards

j7Miwrr.jpg

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi les, Not a Clouded yellow but maybe more a Brimstone, Still a lovely shot though.

Nicely done Les, the 2nd is particularly appealing with the light bringing out the wing detail and I'd agree with Graham - looks like a Male Brimstone to me

Looks to me as though you didn't need your macro,Les. Really good detail on both.

I might have 'saved' the bee. :) Is it a bee or a wasp ? A bee,I think.

I really missed it, it is a Hoverfly not a Bee or Wasp.

#1, nice! (as a photo. Not so nice for the fly of course.)

A very versatile lens. :)
Indeed it is Roger :)
Hi les, Not a Clouded yellow but maybe more a Brimstone, Still a lovely shot though.
Tjhank you Graham, I'll alter the name on flickr :)
Nicely done Les, the 2nd is particularly appealing with the light bringing out the wing detail and I'd agree with Graham - looks like a Male Brimstone to me
Thank you Si :)
Lots of lovely detail there, Les, from your 200-600 lens. Love the first in particular (maybe even better to show a little more of the hanging thread?) :)

Russ
Thank you Russ- I'll check the original :)
Looks to me as though you didn't need your macro,Les. Really good detail on both.

I might have 'saved' the bee. :) Is it a bee or a wasp ? A bee,I think.
It was dead lo :)
I really missed it, it is a Hoverfly not a Bee or Wasp.
I think Hoverfly now you mention it :)

Thanks all for taking the time to comment

Les :)

:LOL: I had a thought today. I bet Les comes back and posts "It was dead ".. and you did..:D Should have crossed my mind when I posted that :D

I was DEAD- I'm no vet but it was DEAD :oops: :$:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back