Helicopters on Salisbury Plain 11/10

Name
charlie robinson
Edit My Images
No
Well what a day! have had this date planned in the diary for a few weeks for me arrived late on the plain to find 2 Apaches hovering in the area....

Had a great day in good company with Andy + Jay in great light (y)

some images:

1:
IMG_0010.jpg

2:
IMG_0188-Copy.jpg

3:
IMG_0188.jpg

4:
IMG_0205.jpg

5:
IMG_0580.jpg

6:
IMG_0632.jpg

Would love to hear constructive criticism and comments on both the shots and processing if you've the time :good:

Cheers
Charlie

7: bonjour
IMG_0246.jpg

8: incoming
IMG_0262.jpg

9:
IMG_0249-Copy-1.jpg

also caught the rare Bell 212 in great light

10:
IMG_9766.jpg

11:
IMG_9770.jpg

12:
IMG_9798.jpg

Cheers
Charlie

Last edited:
13:
IMG_9816.jpg

14:
IMG_9841.jpg

15:
IMG_9926.jpg

The AAC Gazelle provided some excellent 'different' shot opportunities

16:
IMG_0522.jpg

17:
IMG_0497.jpg

18:
IMG_0516.jpg

Cheers
Charlie

Last edited:
19:
IMG_0490.jpg

20: That's it from me and the Gazelle as he returns home
IMG_0534.jpg

Would love to hear constructive criticism and comments on both the shots and processing if you've the time :good:

Cheers
Charlie

Not a subject I've tried as yet,so can't offer much in the way of constructive c&c
Apart from a few images where you might have clipped or tightly cropped the rotor,there's very little wrong with these imo
Loving the real close up shots btw (y)
#17 did look a little alarming on first viewing :eek::D

Thanks Martyn, unfortunately using a prime clipped bits + bobs are normal, how i'd love a canon 100-300 2.8 lens!

great shots, Apaches I think are a bit tricky to keep the detail defined what with being all one colour with a dark dull finish.

Number 2 and the Taliban eye view is awesome, but 11 gets my vote.

shots 2 and 7 are my favourites, excellent catch on the 212's, last time i was down at middle wallop they were due in for majors apparently, are these the ones which are posted out to malaysia?

great shots, Apaches I think are a bit tricky to keep the detail defined what with being all one colour with a dark dull finish.

Number 2 and the Taliban eye view is awesome, but 11 gets my vote.

Thanks for the comments, and yes i find them very difficult to pull the detail out of, some light HDR seems to do the trick (y)

shots 2 and 7 are my favourites, excellent catch on the 212's, last time i was down at middle wallop they were due in for majors apparently, are these the ones which are posted out to malaysia?
Thanks Scott. Not sure on the 212 postings?!!!

Proper evil looking machines, great captures of the pilots

Thanks for your comments Richie (y)

Back