Holiday film kit and last min EOS 3 advice!

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Right, off to Cyprus tomorrow. I was going to take my 30D then thought sod that, so I'm taking just the basics:

EOS 3 Body
Canon 50mm f1.8 Mk2
Circular polariser filter
Circular ND grad filter
Spare batteries
Some Kodak Portra 160 VC
Some Fuji Supera 200

I'm prob being paranoid but are there any little tips folk have about taking an EOS 3 kit to a hot sunny country?

I'll be taking it though hand luggage of course so the film won't get screwed by x-rays.

I was thinking of taking my Sigma 70-300mm as well... **** though.

Reason we are going is a mates wedding as well as a holiday so also got a roll of Realia 100 for some people pics.

so, any one got any tips for the EOS 3 and f1.8 nifty?

cheers,

Gary

Well, the 50mm will be a bit wider on a 35mm camera than on your crop sensor, but you may want something a bit wider for landscapes (thinking Cyprus would be perfect for everything other than the wedding...)

Take some Velvia - don't leave home without it (y)

Take some Velvia - don't leave home without it (y)

seconded...

Ere, what no b/w ??....take some HP5, and some 3200 for dark holes, it might rain..:D

*edit* you're one wide short of a full compliment

Yeah, I was going to take some slide film but decided to go with print film. I like the look of portra VC, seems nice and sharp.

I have a canon 28-80 f3.5 - 5.6 USM old kit lens, could take that but don't have any filters for it.

I've used the nifty on full frame a few times as it's not to bad, think one of the reasons I use my film kit more is due to the full frame view.

I don't usualy like it hot, and it's very hot there at the mo so I might end up chilling in the shade all day!!

How does the EOS 3 do with low light, i know the metering is very good but can it cope with night stuff with no extra metering?

I would have thought I could get some good star trails?

seconded...

Ere, what no b/w ??....take some HP5, and some 3200 for dark holes, it might rain..:D

*edit* you're one wide short of a full compliment

I've got some Kodak 400CN black and white and a red filter, combined with a poloriser and grad it should make it usable it bright light....

hmm...

I'm trying to travel as light as possible... tis a big heavy thing, also I'm a bit unsure about take all my expensive stuff!

If it was a place in the UK it wouldnt bother me, also i dont have any filters apart from the cokin stuff (red and orange).

I could ditch it all and take the Pentax :D

I guess if you really want to travel light just the EOS 3 and 50mm will do. f/1.8 in low light works a treat.

Think I'll take the old kit lens as well as it's pretty small and 28mm.

Shame I have no filters for it.

Any surprises I need to know about the eos 3. Its been spot on for me so far!

EOS 3's a winner - I used to own one... I cry quietly to myself every night since I sold it.

I've got some Kodak 400CN black and white and a red filter, combined with a poloriser and grad it should make it usable it bright light....

You have a max shutter speed of 1/8000th, you should be ok even in really bright light.
Its tricky to know what to load, personally I'd be saving the 400 for evenings, but 36 frames takes some shooting, infact, I can't even do it..:shrug:

Back