Hoverflies

Cracking set (y)

very nice set, lovely!
Have you tried the in-camera focus stacking on the E-M1?

Thank you. I haven't but I'm not sure how it'd work handheld with flash? By the time the flash has recharged and fired again the subject would have moved. Unless I'm mis-understanding the function?

Thank you. I haven't but I'm not sure how it'd work handheld with flash? By the time the flash has recharged and fired again the subject would have moved. Unless I'm mis-understanding the function?

you probably need enough ambient light for it to work. Also if you are focus stacking you don't need to quite shoot at the highest apertures, you can open it up a little for little bit more light.
Might be worth a try, just throwing around ideas :) (your current setup seems to be performing great regardless)

you probably need enough ambient light for it to work. Also if you are focus stacking you don't need to quite shoot at the highest apertures, you can open it up a little for little bit more light.
Might be worth a try, just throwing around ideas :) (your current setup seems to be performing great regardless)

Hmm that’s very true! I’ll have a play tomorrow. Still learning another manufacturers settings and menus. Really need to buy a book lol

Nice set Andy
I am on a lowly E-M1 but prefer my old 4/3 Sigma 105 mm f2.8 to the 60mm f2.8 which sits idle maybe I should try an E-M1ii

Nice set Andy
I am on a lowly E-M1 but prefer my old 4/3 Sigma 105 mm f2.8 to the 60mm f2.8 which sits idle maybe I should try an E-M1ii

It’s very strange for me, coming from big FF lenses, and then using this tiny thing. But it’s performance blows its diminutive size out of the water. Plus being so light makes handheld shots easier.

I nearly didn’t stay with M43, had a G9 first. The image quality of the M1X blows it out the water. Glad I sent it back lol.

Back