How do I apply a sequence number to a print

Name
Tug
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Probably very simple if you know how...

Unfortunately I do not know how.

I want to print a load of 6x4's and add a number to each. ie print the image number in the top right hand corner of the print.

I have LR2 and CS5, Qimage and good old picassa.

What is the quickest and easiest way to do this?
Thank you

The swiss arm knife of imaging is a program called Breezebrowser - it does this in a flash - PC only - and its one of the reasons we have PC's still.....

You can also print the file number - or the number part out of the file name too....

The swiss arm knife of imaging is a program called Breezebrowser - it does this in a flash - PC only - and its one of the reasons we have PC's still.....

You can also print the file number - or the number part out of the file name too....

Could you please point me in the right area of Breezebrowser as to where this function is located?

Could you please point me in the right area of Breezebrowser as to where this function is located?

Tools/batch rename, this will renumber the images but, not include the number in the corner of the image as per your needs.

The area in Breeze is

Proof

Use the Watermark feature - then select the Token(s) you want - be it filename, number etc.

You can also add a border in this function - and then place the watermark in the border so it's not on the image!

The area in Breeze is

Proof

Use the Watermark feature - then select the Token(s) you want - be it filename, number etc.

You can also add a border in this function - and then place the watermark in the border so it's not on the image!

Cheers Dave, I'll take a look...

Update,

I just had a look at an older version of breezebrowser and it doesn't do what I need....

Back to the drawing board...I'm not that clever with PS so looking for a standalone app..

Cheers Dave

Simon Tug Wilson

Last edited:
It is Breezebrowser Pro I was referring to - I forgot there was Breezebrowser as well..

this can also be done in qimage. If you need to know how let me know.

Hi Rich

Pray tell.... I want to add a number to the print itself....not to change any exif data or anything....basically to allow Granparents who dont use the internet to view and identify images from an album....

just search for a script called addfilenameplus .....

Following the idea, is there any script available or method that will place the filename on the image somewhere?

FastStone can do this and is a free download.

It's a bit buried but under the "batch convert" facility you select "advanced" and this opens a new window where (amongst other things) you can add a text variable which includes filename and EXIF info. You can choose the position, font etc. that this will appear on the page.

If the filename is not in a sequential number then there is a batch "rename" facility which allows you to rename each file as a sequential number then you can go adding the filename to the picture, as above.

Back