I had a 'contact' via my website from.....

Edit My Images
No
Creative Resource Collective inviting me to submit a single image to, as appropriate, either their 1839awards or (if B&W) their exposureoneawards. They supplied me with a code to enter that single image free of charge.

Like all such situations it is only human to feel flattered and having looked at their website they do appear to be a genuine organisation.

Has anyone else had any experience with them?

TIA :)

The one they (somehow found via) is this one:-

Edit ~ in researching abut them, I found one other posting on another photographers website with an almost identical invitation but posted in his "comments" page.

So, they obviously reach out to new photographers to 'get them on board' and if they are as influential as they claim, then exposure as they 'is all'. But costly to enter without the code, should one wish to enter many images !

Last edited:
Check the smallprint. You may find they get rights to tie image or similar if you send it in.. Personally I'm a suspicious old git, I've found nobody does things like this for nothing. Theres a catch somewhere.

I've seen this approach before.

You think you're entering a competition, but actually they're harvesting photos. By entering you will probably give up all rights to your own shot.

Flattery or not, be very, very careful about that fine detail in the Tees and Cees.

They want to upsell and encourage you to pay to enter more than one image to increase your chances of winning. A lot of the photo contests like Lens Culture do the free single image thing
Yes, I could sniff that one already ;)

Check the smallprint. You may find they get rights to tie image or similar if you send it in.. Personally I'm a suspicious old git, I've found nobody does things like this for nothing. Theres a catch somewhere.
As far as I could tell you don't get to such details without registering!
Quite probably. Filthy lucre often comes into these things...

View attachment 424964
Undoubtedly :LOL:
I've seen this approach before.

You think you're entering a competition, but actually they're harvesting photos. By entering you will probably give up all rights to your own shot.

Flattery or not, be very, very careful about that fine detail in the Tees and Cees.
The flattery I get with my photographs is when someone buys my work at the few exhibitions I do ~ whether it's a greetings card, photo magnet set or all being well my prints & canvases.

I won't be availing myself of their 'offer' without a clear upfront "picture" of their bona fides and independent reviews, of which I have yet to find :)

I certainly don't need my ego massaged by what the email 'promises'

Thanks all for your thoughts & replies :D

It's worth noting that some of the most prestigious photo competitions around require you to pay to enter. I found this very strange at first but have done so several times if | felt I had a chance of success. It's like paying for an advert - you don't know if you will pull any punters in but you do it anyway.

Back