If you are an Octopus Energy user allready worth looking at

Mr Bump

From under the bridge
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes

Local green energy. From turbines to your home.Octopus Energy’s Fan Club is driving access to cheaper, greener ‘people-led’ renewable energy across the UK. We believe that renewables should be brought closer to the consumer and that people living alongside generation projects should enjoy cheaper electricity when their local turbine is spinning. So in 2021, we launched the first energy club to give customers the benefit of local renewable energy production in real-time.

This new generation model will create the investable projects of the future - reshaping the generation market and renewable investment for the benefit of both people and the planet.

When you join Octopus Fan Club you get;
100% renewable electricity from your local Fan!
20% off your unit rate whenever your turbine is spinning and you're using electricity
50% off your unit rate when the wind picks up and the green electrons are really flowing

How it worksWith Octopus Fan Club, you'll get 100% renewable electricity at the same great price as any other Octopus tariffs - but with a twist.

Any electricity you use while your local turbine is spinning automatically benefits from a 20% discount.

Even better, when the wind picks up and the green electrons really start flowing, you’ll get 50% off every unit you use.

Eligibilty
Fan #1 Market Weighton, Yorkshire50% off electricity at winds above a fresh breeze. (200kW)
Available to: Customers in YO43 postcodes

Fan #2 Caerphilly, Wales50% off electricity at winds above a strong breeze (300kW)
Available to: Customers in CF81 and NP24 postcodes

Fan #3 Halifax, Yorkshire50% off electricity at winds above a strong breeze (1500kW)
Available to: Customers in HX2, BD13 and BD22 postcodes

Fan #4 Lincs Offshore, Lincolnshire50% off electricity when generation is at it's highest (3350kW)
Available to: Customers in DN31, DN32, DN33, DN34, DN35, DN36, LN11, LN12, LN13, PE24 & PE25 postcodes

Good deal but ATM it is only available in a few areas, hopefully more will be added in time. Don't forget if you do decide to go with Octopus to get a referral code to get £50 as a new customer and whoever refers you gets the same.

We're with Good Energy but it seems like Octopus are well ahead of the game!

octupus are smashing it . its all about encouraging people to use high energy devices when there is more green energy about so not doing it say in the evening when its dirty energy

I'm £400 in credit and it's not going down even at £50 pm direct debit.

Just today, Octopus have announced dropping EV tariffs, standard Go now at 8.5p for 5 hours, Intelligent Go now at 7p/kWh for 6 hours.
At 7p/kWh it's easily 2 p/mile driving an EV (for comparison, ICE will cost over 12p/mile).

Octopus' Tracker tariff is also great. Now energy price is decreasing but price cap is not following, so I got my gas on Tracker for just 4.75p/kWh today, it was below 4p/kWh during Feb/Mar whilst we were still running heating.

I'm £400 in credit and it's not going down even at £50 pm direct debit.

Just today, Octopus have announced dropping EV tariffs, standard Go now at 8.5p for 5 hours, Intelligent Go now at 7p/kWh for 6 hours.
At 7p/kWh it's easily 2 p/mile driving an EV (for comparison, ICE will cost over 12p/mile).

Octopus' Tracker tariff is also great. Now energy price is decreasing but price cap is not following, so I got my gas on Tracker for just 4.75p/kWh today, it was below 4p/kWh during Feb/Mar whilst we were still running heating.

yeah Octopus combined with Smart Meter tech is so the way to go in the UK
especially in the next few years with more renewable energy coming online

And you will still get the naysayers who will moan that it will never work/happen.

oh there are still people out there who won't get a smart metre fitted as they think the government use them to spy on them.
the amount of wind energy now in the pipeline is massive,,,,,,

literally in the next few years our wind energy will TRIPLE

ffff.jpg

Half of my commute today is free due to sunny weather during last few days. Just set it to charge at 5 amps over 4 sunniest hours.

Yesterday evening's portable AC was also powered for free thanks to Leaf V2H, charging its battery during the day from what's left of solar production and drawing from it to power AC during the evenings.

Half of my commute today is free due to sunny weather during last few days. Just set it to charge at 5 amps over 4 sunniest hours.

Yesterday evening's portable AC was also powered for free thanks to Leaf V2H, charging its battery during the day from what's left of solar production and drawing from it to power AC during the evenings.

even better day for you today :)
massive 73% ATM

73.jpg

Back