I'm in her good book

cowasaki

TPer Emeritus
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
In 1986 my wife got a an OM10 which she absolutely loved but then it was stolen by a neighbour in 1994. She has pined for the Olympus ever since and even when I bought her a full Canon EOS 300v outfit in 2003 she still missed it. A couple of years ago I bought myself a D200 and lenses and bought her a D40x which she still likes but it wasn't her OM10!

Well it is her birthday next week (5th) so I decided to find her an OM10 as another present. Well I managed to locate a really nice one and acquired the following collection:

OM10
T20 flash
Olympus 50mm f1.8 lens with Hoya filter
Olympus leather case
Olympus remote actuator (and a big roll of pipe!)
Miranda 28mm f2.8
Miranda 70-210mm f4.5-5.6 MC Macro

Well she wasn't feeling happy today so I decided to give her this present early!

Well she is smiling from ear to ear now :LOL:

It is a wonderful camera, it feels right in the hands like expensive tools do. I love the way it is so easy to focus with and I am seriously thinking of looking for an OM1 for myself :)

Only thing it is missing really is a manual adapter plus I could do with an Olympus to Adaptal adapter so she can use the Tamron SP 35-80 lens that I bought her for her Nikon!

Looks like we are both going to be spending more time in the Film and Conventional section (y)

Yep, still grinning from ear to ear!!! So excited to have a replacement for my much-loved OM10!

Cowasaki, make sure you don't leave the toilet seat up next time you go or you'll be back in the bad books and all your good work will be wasted.

Well it is her birthday next week (5th) so I decided to find her an OM10 as another present.
Mrs Cowasaki, happy 5th birthday. Are you sure you're not lying about your age?

I wish my hubby would try to get in my good books the same way [sigh] You're a lucky girl Mrs Cowasaki :D

Cowasaki, make sure you don't leave the toilet seat up next time you go or you'll be back in the bad books and all your good work will be wasted.

Mrs Cowasaki, happy 5th birthday. Are you sure you're not lying about your age?

Lol!!! Unfortunately, you can add a number 4 in front of the 5. He meant the 5th August!

What a great present! A friend of mine still uses his OM (forget which model it is now) regularly. Always good to see an older camera back in use!

I ordered two C41 process B&W films and two colour ones with the intent of having one of each type each. I got an unbeatable offer on my D700 so couldn't afford my F80 so she was waiting for the postman to arrive today with the films so she could have a go but nothing arrived :( oh well they will probably arrive tomorrow.

Yes, I hope the films arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to use my OM10 - a great present indeed. I've missed it so much, ever since it was stolen in 1994. It always gave great pictures. I've reacquainted myself with all the controls so I'll be waiting at the front door tomorrow!

Only thing it is missing really is a manual adapter plus I could do with an Olympus to Adaptal adapter so she can use the Tamron SP 35-80 lens that I bought her for her Nikon!

You're setting the bar quite high here... Better not let the girlfriend see this.

I'll drop you a PM if I see the adapter around. More than likely given the number of second hand photo-bits I look at...

You're setting the bar quite high here... Better not let the girlfriend see this.

I'll drop you a PM if I see the adapter around. More than likely given the number of second hand photo-bits I look at...

I thought I had better get her something nice because her main present was a set of fancy jewellery hammers (ouch) :)

it's good of you to keep an eye open for the bits. I will stick an advert in wanted when I have recovered from the expense my our birthdays! She will be looking for the manual adapter, an adaptall to Olympus, an Olympus strap and an om10 cover/case thingy. I am sure there will be a few of these things lying about.

Really is a lively camera. I'm very impressed with the feel and the quality of the pictures because I saw two films worth that the person I got it off ran through it the day before I got it!

Back